Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pretties, New coffee table and a little bit of spring fever

First,  are these little falling shamrocks annoying?
I know that sometimes graphics and music can cause the blogs to load slow..  so if anyone is having a problem let me know and I will take them off.


Who is ready for spring??

We have had so many mild winter days that I am ready to put the cushions on the patio furniture and set up the deck.

I can't wait!

 We are all feeling much better now.
Thank you for all of the well wishes.
 


Isn't this little tablescape pretty?



I found that crackled yellow pitcher at a store in the mall called Kirklands.
It was on clearance for $10.00

Everything I put in it looks good
and it seems to fit in with any room of the house.

I liked it so much that I went back and bought another one today.



Earlier this week I went to on a thrift store mission to find a "new" coffee table.
I wanted something brighter and smaller then that old chest that I was using.

I found many oval shaped tables that I didn't want
and then,  at my third stop I found this amazing little dresser.




All that is needed was an inside cleaning and some tightening of the fixtures.



A few fresh coats of cream colored paint



And I had myself a great little table for just $30.00.
gosh I LOVE thrift stores!!!!!!



I love when I have a piece of furniture that I can put anything on it
and it looks good.

That's my first blog book and the cool airplane that Paul got for Christmas this year.





While I am showing random things,  I did some home shopping the other night.

What is home shopping?
Home shopping is when I go up to the third floor with an empty laundry basket and fill it with goodies for the house.
Like these geraniums,  I know that it is not even spring yet..   but I just couldn't help it.
I need some reminders of summer.



I even brought down the sail boat to put on the shelf that is now back in the living room.






  I broke the frame while rearranging things so I sat the picture (below) on the shelf for the time being.
That's my girls back in 09.
I can't believe that it's been that long since Michelle graduated high school.

What else is hard to believe is that Sally will start high school is September.
Tomorrow morning we have an interview with the school that she hopes to attend.
Keep your fingers crossed!   

This picture just warms my heart.  I am so proud of these girls. 



Look at this guy.
What a dirtball!!!!
He stinks, his coat feels funky and he is a tangled mess
... but lucky for him,  he is still a cutie pie.

I see a few dog baths in my future.




I have been working on a few new books.
This is the silly cover to my new 2011 blog book.
It was shipped a few days ago and I just cant wait to get my hands on it.
The other book is a summer cookbook that I hasn't sent to the press yet.
It is going to be a thank you gift  for Sally's middle school teachers.
I will be sure to share them both once they arrive.

 


Have a fantastic Thursday everyone.
See you all very soon.

xoxox


13 comments:

Karen said...

What a great idea for a coffee table! And, I know I keep saying this, but I do love your kitchen.

I am so ready for spring. I will have to look for some flowers to freshen up this place:)

Heather said...

Leslie, I just love your new coffee table. You did such a great job painting it, and the drawers will be great storage!

Katharine said...

Oh, you make me want to decorate for Spring...and go thrift shopping! I ♥ that coffee table! What a beautiful picture of the girls, I can hardly belive Sally will be in highscool!
Have a wonderful day!

Country Dreaming said...

I like the look.
Ilike the "coffee" table it
looks great too.
Glad everyone is feeling better.

Melinda

Julie Harward said...

Good luck to your cute daughter...I LOVE your new table! And wow, how beautiful it is with a bit if tender care. That Golden's face is as cute as our Cougar! :D

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Best of luck with the school! Yep, it's that time of year to begin looking forward to spring. Love your new home purchases, I think I need some geraniums too:@)

Mamaw Bee said...

I love the coffee table. You did an amazing job on it. But I really love the pitcher with the flowers. I was just looking through my tableclothes yesterday to decide what to do for spring. I had selected the one I am going to use and I planned to put my pitcher of daisies on it (my favorite flower) But after seeing yours, I'm going to look for a new pitcher and I love the idea of sitting a couple of other items with the flowers. Thanks for sharing. I love the little shamrocks.

Chris said...

Wonderful pics!

Gina said...

Great coffee table! It's amazing what a coat of paint can do!

I love the way you arranged your shelves. I struggle so much with mine. You've got color & whimsy and they look great!

Megan said...

When I look at all the great things you do in your house it makes me wish I had that talent! Just wonderful - love the table overhaul.

Formerly known as Frau said...

you have such a great eye for decorating ...love the redo dresser gorgeous! And the bits of Spring....I'm so ready! Good Luck to Sally I hope she makes it in...I'm sure she'll rock the interview. Who do you do your blog books through? Have a wonderful day!

Pumpkin said...

The cabinet looks fabulous!

I can't believe you're getting ready for St. Patty's Day already! LOL!

Looks like you're keeping yourself busy decorating ;o)

Melanie said...

The cabinet is FABULOUS! You could that at Pottery Barn.............for three HUNDRED dollars. Great job!!!! :)