Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hiya Friends!!!

Is it getting warmer where you are?
Here in Baltimore it is supposed to get above 60 tomorrow.

I am so excited!
Bring it on!!!

  I am spring cleaning the blog.
Yes, I changed my background and header again
This blog is getting like my house with all of the constant rearranging and fussing.
The clutter is getting on my nerves.

Now that  I am almost finished cleaning the blog up... 
I wish I had the energy to finish this house.
Maybe tomorrow!

Yesterday's Mardi Gras dinner was fantastic.  


I made a Cajun shrimp pizza which was super easy.   I bought a premade pizza crust,  spread some jar pizza sauce over the crust, sprinkled it with Cheyenne pepper and paprika,  topped it with some sauteed shrimp and red peppers,  fresh red onion, green onion, more Cheyenne pepper and paprika, and Romano and Parmesan cheeses.

I baked for about 20 mins.



With the pizza we had a fantastic Cajun Pasta salad.
I found the recipe on Pinterest which led me here to this awesome frugal blog ~  budgetbytes

Even though I used polish sausage instead of smoked sausage,  this salad was still great.
I will definitely make it again!


See my nifty herb scissors,  the girls got me those for Christmas.
I have gotten more use out of them then I ever thought.


Sally,  just like her mom and her sister... 
is taking photos of the pepperoni pizza that she made to post on her Tumblr blog.



Can you smell them?


 After dinner we had some great coffee and colorful cupcakes
and lots of dishes.
Yuck!


Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!!

15 comments:

All That Glitters said...

Hey girl!!! Love your new header! I'm so behind on blogging. I keep saying one day I will get back at it. I'm hungry now!

Love ya!

Heather said...

I hate to be show off, but today in Southern California, it was in the 80's! Your pizzas look delicious!

Julie Harward said...

Now who gets to do the dishes? LOL The food looks so good..I love pizza made at home, all kinds of inventing can go into it! ;D

Blondie's Journal said...

We haven't gone over 50 degrees this winter but I am loving that it is milder!! Hurray for the great weather!

Your pizza's look fantastic and I bet they tasted even better! And I LOVE your new blog design, very cute!

XO,
Jane

It's me said...

Wowwwww Leslie delicious food !!!...xxx...

Pumpkin said...

Oh GG! You need a warning for pregnant ladies ;o) It's a good thing I just had a piece of pizza! LOL!

Nezzy said...

I can, I can almost smell 'em...heck, I wanted to lick the computer!!!

Fantastic meal...now 'bout those cupcakes, if ya have any left. 'Just sayin'.... Heehehehehe!!!

God bless ya and have a terrific day!!! :o)

Gina said...

Oh yum, those look delicious!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your food was so colorful...just as I would expect Mardi Gras food to be!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks delish!

Melinda

Melanie said...

This post makes me sad I didn't go anything for Mardi Gras because that is some good EATING, man!! lol

Martina said...

We keep going from 60 and 70 degree weather to snowy and freezing. I can't wait for summer. Haha!

The food looks delicious!

Brandi said...

Oh Leslie, my mouth is watering! Dinner looks so delicious. Pizza with shrimp = yum!

Libbie said...

Now THAT looks yummy! I have to say I LOVE her taking that pic! She learned fast! Way to go girl! :)

I get a spring cleaning twtich everyday now too! Pantry today :)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Leslie,
your food always looks so darn good...what about a cook book??????