Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy fat Tuesday!

If I keep going like I am today,  a Fat Tuesday it will be.

I have big dinner plans on this day of Mardi Gras and I got off to a good start with these festive cupcakes. 


I used a boxed yellow cake mix.
I hardly mess around with the real stuff..  takes to long and I like instant gratification.
Anyway,  I separated the batter into 3 bowls and added color to each bowl.
I used a small spatula to separate the colors as I poured them into the cupcake wrappers and then drizzled some colors on top.

I love how they looked before they went in the oven.


I baked as directed and made a yummy cinnamon butter cream frosting.


For supper tonight I am making a Cajun shrimp pizza and Cajun pasta salad.
I better stock up on the Zegerid before we eat.



I am looking forward to the Lenten season.  
I am ... for my own self serving reasons.. giving up fast food.
Maybe I will even throw in a few curse words,
but I'll have to think that one through before I make any promises!!
Are you giving up anything for Lent?
  


Aren't they pretty



Pretty tasty too!


What are you all doing for Mardi Gras?

As for that little impromptu giveaway..
I was happy to see that 11 of my favorite bloggers wanted in on those cute little earrings.
I wish that I could find more..  I'm gonna look...  and if I can find 10 more pairs,  you all are going to get them.

Meanwhile...  the random.org winner is  Gina !!!
Wtg Gina,  I know that you will enjoy them.
Send me your addy and I will send them to you.

True Random Number Generator
Min: 1

Max: 11

Result:
5

Powered by RANDOM.ORG

Happy Mardi Gras!
I will be back soon to share some great Cajun recipes.

I can't wait for dinner!!!!


Have a great day.
xo



13 comments:

Heather said...

Ooh, Leslie, it's a good thing I don't live close, otherwise I would invite myself to dinner! The cupcakes look fabulous!

Pam said...

Unfortunately, I can only see a couple of cupcakes with Mardi Gras colors, I imagine. Just a lot of white background.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Boy these are too darn cute. I am going to put a link to them on my blog. Let me know if that is not okay with you.

Mamaw Bee said...

I want a cupcake. I love them. The raw batter reminded me of that toy we had growing up where you squirted paint in it and it spun around and made astract art. Love the looks of the cupcakes.

Candy Cake and Crafts said...

Oh how yummy do they look! And your dinner menu sounds tantalizing. Can I come over for dinner? ;-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Dinner sounds great and the cupcakes look yummy-party on!:@)

poppilinnstudios said...

They are pretty! I'd love a cupcake right now! I found you at "Sunny Simple Life".
-Lynn

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
Those cupcakes are just awesome. What a cool idea. I will definitely have to give them a try. Although we've never celebrated Mardi Gras...maybe I can use different colors, like pastels for Easter. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Gina said...

Yippee! Thanks Leslie. I'll email you my address.

You are too clever with the Mardi Gras cupcakes. I have not thought about giving up anything for Lent & I really should.

Gloria said...

Hi Leslie,

It's wonderful to meet you...:) It was so nice of you to visit my blog, thank you so much!!

Those cupcakes look SO yummy, and colorful!! Gorgeous photos of them! They look perfect for a Mardi Gras celebration.

Happy week to you!

Blessings,
xoxo...Gloria

Pumpkin said...

Congrats Gina!

Omigosh! I shouldn't be looking at these.........

Lilly said...

Those cupcakes looks really cool! I love the colours!

Melanie said...

NOM NOM NOM!!!
I'm a box mix kind of gal too. I like the fine crumb and sweetness. :)