Monday, January 16, 2012

An early Valentine and some Purple mania




Wow,  what a year so far.
No,  there is nothing exciting happening..
I've just been busy consumed with other things going on.

Some good..  some bad.
but nothing that a little time can't fix.




































How crazy is this?
I've still got my December header up and I am about to show you guys some Valentine decorations.
I REALLLY needed some color around this house.
...and a sure way for me to get rid of the winter blues,
is to hang out on the Sun porch.
It is mismatched and full of house hand-me-downs
and I love it.
It is happy.


You can't get much happier that pinks and reds.



There is such a hodgepodge of pillows on the day bed.
Everything gets thrown here.

See this adorable Boston Terrier pillow?
Sally made it for me for Christmas.
Super cute!!



The craft side of the room is all cleaned and organized.
Now.. I just need to create something.
Anything!


The welcoming committee is this sweet duck who happens to be sporting some Baltimore Raven's Purple and Black.

This was a gift from a man that works with Paul.  The man, who has since passed away,  made it for me after my mom died.   It was very touching!



Speaking of Black and Purple,
Yesterday, The boys had a good time watching Baltimore battle Houston in the Playoff game.
I had fun just listening to their football smack talk.
This town is going crazy with thier Raven's mania.
I am going to try to take the camera out this week and show off some of this purple pride.





Since the Raven's won,  Paul didn't mind to much that I put my pretty purple headband on Sharky.
hmmm..  just got an idea,  I think that I might paint all of the dogs nails purple this week!  : )




Today,  I've been a little busy getting the house rearranged.

Finally,  I think I've got it the way I want it.  sheeesh.

I will be back later this week with some more Valentines fun.

Have a wonderful week everyone!!

16 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sally's terrier pillow is adorable! The feather tree's up and I'm thinking of V-Day goodies too. I'll bet Baltimore is ga-ga over the playoffs-enjoy:@)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What fun things you have!! I don't know what to say I thought was the best, it's all so bright and lovely and a perfect touch this time of the year! Enjoy your week!

Gina said...

Oh I love how festive your sun porch looks! I just started decorating a little for Valentine's Day today.

Sally's pillow is adorable!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like fun going on in your house.
Hope the other stuff you are dealing with gets better.

Melinda

It's me said...

Owww cute Sharky......nice your valentine decorations...love from me...xxx...

Lee Ann said...

your day bed is so cute! And I love the hearts! There is nothing like a touch of colour to cheer us up huh? I hope your busy/tough times zip by and you can get time to relax soon xx

ps - Sharkey just steals my heart everytime. Adorable xx

Pumpkin said...

LOL! I noticed that ;o) Hey, at least you're ahead on your decorating!

Love the pictures of the dogs watching TV with the guys. LOL!

Mo 'Betta said...

I'm feelin' the love on your sunporch! So fun and festive!

Heather said...

Your sun porch is just perfect for Valentine's Day! I love it!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the terrier pillow great job Sally! Your place looks so nice and inviting! Congrats to the Ravens!! I'm not even decorated for valentines Day yet maybe this weekend! January has been a blur! Have a wonderful day!

Julie Harward said...

I like the pic in the header of the path in the snow under the trees. Your place always looks cute, love the red and white and pinks...and purple! :D

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
I always love how you decorate your pretty sunroom. It looks all set and ready for Valentine's Day. Oh and how cute is that Boston Terrier pillow? I love it.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Michele said...

What a great place to relax! Love the decorations. Looks like hubby and friend had a good time watching football.

It's Just Dottie said...

I love those valentines hanging from the srings. They look so happy and I need happy right now!
Smiles, Dottie

Lilly said...

I love your valentine's decorations, really pretty!

ღ soraya ღ said...

Nice post...thank you for so much for sharing...blessings...soraya