Friday, January 20, 2012

$2 Dollar store Valentines project





The Valentines pinks and reds are showing up all over the place.

It is a breath of fresh air to see all of these fun winter valentines recipes and projects on the blogs lately.

I have got a cheap decorating idea to share.
Remember last year we made the valentines garland with paper dollar tree doilies? 
They were so easy.
Just use ribbon and tie each heart together until you have a long strand of hearts.



This years Dollar Tree Valentines project is even easier then that.
Total  cost:  $2.00


I bought 2 rolls of wrapping paper,  one red, one pink.





Peel the plastic back about 4 inches and gently rip the paper off of the roll like shown below.



fold the paper like a accordion



Use the same technique that you used when you were a little girl making long strands of paper dolls
and cut out a heart shape ~  Leaving the sides connected.



Pull apart..



... don't forget to decorate your little helper with the scraps.



Wave Hi to Leslie.





As you can see,
I rearranged the furniture in the living room again.
I was really  in the mood for some change and some color.



Along with those tubes of wrapping paper
I also bought a package of little foam heats at the Dollar Tree.

I hot glued the hearts to some ribbon for hanging.

This place is a hot pink and red mess!!










There is a photo on pinterest that I love.

I gotta show you..



I don't really care for the stuff in the room.. 
 but I love the color of the cabinet and the wallpaper together.
so pretty.

It has me thinking about painting this white cheapo china cabinet that same color.
I think that It would be very complimentary with the red wallpaper.
What do you think?
Should I go for it?


 
Hope that you all have a fantastic weekend!!!

xo


16 comments:

Katharine said...

I love how the dogs pose so perfectly in your pictures!Awesome red and pink... I need to pull out my bins!

Gina said...

What a great idea for the heart garland...very clever, Leslie!

Your tablescape looks so pretty. Red & white just go together so well.

I say to go for it on the cabinet! Why not?

Country Dreaming said...

I like the cabinet the way it is.
Everything is looking quite festive at your house!

Thanks for participatingin my card request. Do you still have my home address? If not let me know.

Happy weekend.

Melinda

Lilly said...

That's a nice tip for valentines decoration! And so cheap! Looks great :)

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
What a cute, easy and inexpensive Valentine's craft. I love it. And love your blog's new look for Valentine's too. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ana

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your heart project, the pups are so cute! Are you getting the snow? It's pretty cool up here:@)

Mamaw Bee said...

Love the heart idea. And the tablescape. Yes, I think the blue on the cabinet would be awesome. I've been scouring the internet on kitchen cabinet redo's and blue is the in thing.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Loved your garland last year remember I totally copied you for over my mantle.....you have great ideas off to the dollar store today!!! Love the blue cabinet and red together! Have a wonderful weekend!

Lee Ann said...

Go for it lady! Paint it up! I painted my kitchen stools bright red last year and now I want to paint everything! So beware that once you start it isn't easy to stop ;-) . Love the garland idea, I will be using that with all my little kiddies this v-day x

Sarah B said...

Why not? Paint the cabinet! If you don't like it you can always paint over it. Tour cute valentines decorations are inspiring the get crafty :)

Madelief said...

Love your colourful decorations Leslie!!

Happy Sunday!

Madelief x

Pumpkin said...

What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing Leslie :o)

Miss Merry said...

Adorable! And the price is right, too. I love Dollar Tree. And - I love your living room - your decorating style is inspiring :) - so cute and homey. And those polka dot flowers are fantastic!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Again I love this whole post and your pooches are so sweet. I think your cabinet would look great in the blue.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh the doggy pics are killing me - soooooooo cute!!
I think the color combo is fab! Go for it. :)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love the banners in the window Leslie! They look so very pretty! And your table is just dear! Angie xo