Monday, December 12, 2011

Spoonful gingerbread house

If the little yellow spoonful cottage was made of candy..


The steps would be made of chocolate, the siding made of peanut brittle
and a yummy M&M wreath would greet you at the door.



If the spoonful house was made of candy..
The roof would be licorice
and the trim would be sour lemon heads and gum drops.



Yellow gumdrop lights would shine through the gram cracker windows
While peppermint awnings shield the sugary icicles. 



Our neighbor would be this cute little green cottage
with marsh mellow trim and gumball door knobs.


This is how the construction begun...
Tired of having my gingerbread collapse
I molded a house from cereal boxes and duct tape.


We had a palette of yummy sweets


Sally made a traditional gingerbread house




While I wanted to create one that resembled our house.



There was a lot giggling and munching.
 Sharky kept a close eye on the situation

Please mom..  just one.


Mooching is obviously very exhausting!
It wasn't very long before Sharky needed a nap.


Have a great new week.
xox


18 comments:

wicKED said...

Poor old Sharkey.... What a look!

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like fun.
Love Sharkey's expression!

Melinda

Heather said...

I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house. Your idea of making the foundation with boxes is great! I especially like the front window you made.

Tami said...

We used to make gingerbread houses with our boys. It was so much fun! I'm going to try it with my day care kids next week.

ps. I LOVE YOUR DOG!

Freckled Hen said...

I love your gingerbread houses, and that sweet dog. All that colorful candy must be hard to resist!

Blondie's Journal said...

Awww...this looks like so much fun! I always wanted to try making one of these but I don't know if I have the patience. These look great! Sharkey is a doll!

XO,
Jane

Sarah B said...

They look great! I was thinking of doing one that looks like our house but maybe next year :)
How cute is Sharkey!

Gina said...

What fun! They turned out so cute.

Katharine said...

Nice work! Our gang was just asking when we would be making gngerbread houses!~sigh~ everyone likes to make thier own... it's a BIG production!

It's me said...

Owwwww so sweet !!! your houses and Sharky !!!!!!...o my...that are things Iris also do !!...love love love Ria...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Duct tape-it's not just for NASCAR any more!!! Love it! The houses are cute and look like a lot of fun-enjoy:@)

Michele said...

Beautiful! You guys did a great job. I want Sharky. ;)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome job! I have to say I have never made a ginger bread house....can you eat it after?? or do you eat it after? your pup is too cute!

Pumpkin said...

Great job!

ROFL!!!! Now that's quite a face ;o)

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
What a great idea to form a structure first to keep the ginger bread house from falling apart...Genious! Looks like you guys had so much fun making your little houses. They turned out super duper cute.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Melanie said...

Heeeheee! That doggie has perfect the moochie look. What a cutie. :)

What a great idea for the house for the structure. That does seem way better because, man, that gingerbread can be FUSSY. They both look great! And yummy. :)

Tami said...

Leslie,
I made one yesterday with my day care kids. It didn't turn out beautiful like yours. The roof caved in too! But the kids LOVED it! They had so much fun. It was a joy to hear their laughter.
xo
Tami

ps. pictures are on www.aunttamishouse.blogspot.com

Mystica said...

Love the pictures of the dog. btw the color for the blogroll type is very difficult to read. both the titles as well as the updates. Is it only me?