Thursday, December 22, 2011

a pre christmas slow update

My goodness!
I have been trying to update this blog for a week.
Each time I start,  I end up getting involved in something else.

I am determined that I am not going to bed until I finish!

With only 3 days before Christmas,
this post is chock full of pictures.

Have I ever shown you guys my favorite decoration?

Many many years ago when Paul and I were first married
we used to paint a lot of plaster pieces..  
and he made this one.

Isn't it the perfect Christmas decoration!



Before I go any farther...

Thank you all very very much for the wonderful Birthday wishes.
It was a great day!

The girls made me some fantastic birthday surprises.
They baked a cake.

Made some awesome Twilight Christmas tree ornaments.






...and my favorite,  they made these pretty jars filled with pine trees and snow.


Since our little fishy died last week,
we removed the aquarium from the shelf in between the living room and kitchen
 and it is the perfect place to display these great jars. 

There used to be a doorway there.. 
 years ago, Paul closed it off to give us some more space in both rooms.




That side of the kitchen is always cluttered ~ which is why I hardly take pictures of it.
(Microwave cart, aquarium, plastic dog food containers)
I did some rearranging while cleaning the other day
 and I brought this chest up from the basement.

It works well there.. don't ya think?


Wondering what is inside of it?

When you have three dogs...  you need to store a lot of dog food!


  

Yes, I changed the tablecloth AGAIN.


See the new cupcake sign that I bought at Hobby Lobby..
Although, It is a little to big for my small kitchen
It was love at first sight.
I had to have it!


After Christmas I am going to make some new kitchen curtains
~ something to compliment the new sign.


Here is the real tree in the living room with the traditional cow on top.

I guess I should fix the tree skirt.. 
  I accidentally sucked it up in the vacuum today.

Stymie is ready for Santa!
Actually.. he's waiting for me to leave the room so he can sneak up unto the sofa to take a nap.




In the dining room,  presents are wrapped and ready to distribute the the neighbors.
See that Crate and Barrel box..

The tag has my name on it.
Wooohooo.
I can't wait to see what's inside.



I am finished working on Paul's Christmas gift.
Here is the seat that I am replacing .

Can you say YUCK!


I got a new cushion for the back of the seat.

For the bottom,
The new wood as been cut, primed, sanded and painted white.
 The cushion is in place and it looks awesome.


If I get a free moment when Paul is not around
I will put it on the boat and show you all the finished seat.

I can't wait to give it to him.
He's gonna love it.

Tonight I made this Mountain Dew Cake for my Mountain Dew'oholic boss..
but I think that I might keep it.  lol


Well friends..
it is almost 1:00am and I have to be at work in seven hours..
I think that I need to go to bed.

Have a great Thursday!!!!
xo



21 comments:

Julie Harward said...

It's funny because I was just thinking about you today! Looks like you had a super birthday! Great idea for the dog food chest...LOVE the cupcake sign and it is not too big! A cow on top of the tree? Why! LOL Have a warm and wonderful Merry Christmas. :D

Madelief said...

Your house looks lovely Leslie! Love your decorations!

I wish you and your family a Happy Christmas and New Year....and a Happy belated birthday! Oh....your still sooo young :-)!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I think the cupcake sign looks great! The chest looks like it was meant for that spot too! Merry Christmas Leslie-have fun:@)

Chris said...

Everything looks great Leslie!
I love the ornaments and the jars you guys made.
Merry Christmas!

Gina said...

Your home is looking so pretty & perfectly festive! I love your cupcake sign, I spotted it right away. I love the Twilight ornamaents too...very cute. Merry Christmas!

Brandi said...

We need a chest to store our dog food in. Such a good idea! Love your new sign too. So sweet of you to replace your husband's seat.

Tami said...

TEAM EDWARD!!! ;-)

Heather said...

Looks like you're all set for Christmas, Leslie! I love your idea of putting the dog food in the bench. I may have to steal that, as my dog food sits on display in a metal trash can! Happy holidays!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Your place looks so pretty and festive! I'm loving the jars girls did a great job on everything for your big bday! Hope your week is mellow and have a Merry Christmas!

Freckled Hen said...

Your girls are sweet to treat their mother so special! Your house looks great...thanks for staying up and sharing it with us!

It's me said...

Beautiful post !!!..o my Iris shall sitting the whole day next to the bench with food!! ...hahahah!! what a sweet dog you have !!...xxx...

Bedankt lieverd voor je gezelligheid steun en liefde van het afgelopen jaar......liefs van mij.....xxx...Ria


Thanks my darling for your fun loving and support over the past year....love from me.....xxx...Ria

x
xxx
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
||
||

Julie Harward said...

Such a cute reason for the cow...love that! ;D

Jemm said...

You have been busy! I love your new cupcake sign and I've always LOVED your living room. Yellow walls are my favorite I think. Have a Merry Christmas Leslie!

Sarah B said...

Your home looks so beautiful, cosy and festive.
Have a wonderful Chrsitmas x

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Leslie!! I don't know where to start! I love the chest in the kitchen.It looks terrific with the pillows and storing the dogfood inside makes it both pretty & functional...brilliant! I love the gifts your girls made for you...those ornaments are pretty darn cute! That cupcake sign is to die for...I want one! We don't have hobby lobby in Canada! Boo-hoo! Your whole home looks so lovely...the trees and the red sofa with the pillows..so pretty! I cannot wait to see what's inside the Crate & Barrel box either! We just got a Crate & Barrel here this fall, but I haven't had a chance to go there yet! Wishing you all the best for a wonderful Christmas Leslie! Love ya! Angie xo

Country Dreaming said...

The tour was great. Love the dogs!
Glad you had a nice birthday.
Enjoy the holiday!

Melinda

Katharine said...

Everything looks amazing! Merry, Merry Christmas from our house to yours! Please give everyone our love, I hope it is a peaceful,beautiful holiday for you!

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
Just wanted to stop by and wish you and you beautiful family a very Merry Christmas. May it be filled with love, family, friends, laughter and wonderful memories. Sending you a great big hug.

Much love,
♥Ana

P.S.
And a very Happy Be-lated Birthday. All my best wishes.

Pam said...

Your home looks very cozy!!! Great idea with the dog food too. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Melanie said...

Merry Christmas chicky!! :)

Everything looks beautiful!! I like the Twilight decorations. lol Too funny! :)

Pumpkin said...

Your Christmas decor looks fabulous! Love the Twilight tree ;o)

Hmmmm...a Mountain Dew cake...never heard of such a thing...