Friday, December 2, 2011

Christmas in the kitchen




Happy Friday!
I've got this blog on autopilot this week since it's been another busy one.
I am so happy that it's the weekend!

Isn't this the cutest napkin ring?
They were a gift from an old blog friend and I just adore them.


For whatever reason.. I really like them with the blue plaid napkins.

Since I had bought the new pottery barn napkin rings for the dining room
I needed to find a new home for these sweet little trees.

They fit in the kitchen perfectly.
I love the softness of the colors of this table scape..
 I am mixing plaids ~ but I think that since they are different sizes that they work together..
~ what do you think?


The snowman dishes are Debbie Mum..
They were a gift from my old neighbor many years ago
and they never get old.
I still love them.


I almost want to change the red checked curtains..
I have some extra green "table cloth" material to make some
..  but do I feel like doing it
~NO!



 Have a seat and make yourself at home.

~ here are some fresh delicious Pecan Tarts to go with your coffee.

(gosh.. wouldn't that be fun.  There are so many of you that I would love to chill with, talk to and learn from)







PECAN TARTS
(from Cooks.com)




1 c. butter


1/2 c. sugar


2 egg yolks


2 c. flour






Mix all together, press evenly into tart pans and bake at 400 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.






FILLING:






1/2 c. butter


1/3 c. dark Karo syrup


1 c. confectioners' sugar


1 c. pecans (or walnuts)






Cook over heat until bubbly. Take off stove; add nuts. Spoon in shells. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans.


Have a wonderful weekend.
xo
L

18 comments:

The Working Home Keeper said...

Beautiful Leslie! You have such great style. I think I'm going to try that tart recipe!

Enjoy your weekend!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the table and the colors! Looks perfect I would love to share a coffee,chat and some treats!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Annelie said...

Absolutely, go ahead and mix plaids.
At least that's what I say.
Looks home:y and cosy.
Pecan tarts - yum!

Have a great weekend, Leslie!

Annelie

Tami said...

I love the different checks and plaids. What a cute way to decorate for Christmas!

Katharine said...

Oh what fun it would be to sit and chat! I could tell you all about my trip oer the border yesterday...to Hobby Lobby!! Oh-my-word. I had a great time!
The kitchen looks great!

Heather said...

I wish I was sitting at your kitchen table right now! Your home always looks so cozy. I love the Debbie Mumm plates...I have a set myself! :)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh leave your red checked curtains. I love them. Your kitchen looks so merry and festive. The candy garland and greenery on the pot rack add such a nice touch. Hmm. May have to steal that idea.

It's me said...

It all looks great....delicious cake ...yammie !!!....xxx...

Madelief said...

Your pecan tarts look delicious Leslie! Keep your red chequered curtains. They do look lovely in your kitchen!!! It gives your kitchen a country feel, which I like very much.

Happy weekend!

Madelief x

It's Just Dottie said...

I adore pecan tarts and I love the way you make everything special.
It must be because you are so special.
Smiles, Dottie

Pumpkin said...

Oh those pecan tarts look delicious! Drool :oP""""""

Julie Harward said...

Yes, I do love them..and the table..and the kitchen..and the yummy..great post! :D

Gina said...

Your table looks cute and I'd love to sit down with a pecan tart & chat with you!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Well now I feel inadequate. I was just proud that there were no crusty dishes in my sink and you're living in a magazine pull out. You're home really looks both delicious and pretty. Thank you for sharing

Country Dreaming said...

Those sure look yummy!

Have a great day.

Melinda

Michele said...

I think the plaids definitely work together. Your kitchen looks very pretty. I wish I had windows in my kitchen. Those pecan tarts look wonderful!

Lee Ann said...

oh I wish I could come sit at your little green table and bake some of those amazing pecsn bites and put the world to rights! Your house is so cosy and inviting.
Love Love Love when I see a new post pop up in my blogroll, especially at this time of year, your christmas posts are always great and your decor is just up my street! Hope you have a lovely weekend , HAVE YOU ANY GOOD PLANS? My kids are being treated to a pantomime with their aunt and we are going to get on with some secret wrapping. I love this month xxx

Lee Ann said...

def going to try those tarts, not sure about the syrup, we have golden syrup here, wonder if that would work? xx