Saturday, December 31, 2011

The best of 2011 and wishes for a wonderful new year


As I start out this last day of 2011
I give thanks that we had a safe, happy and relatively healthy year.

2011 was a good year for the spoonful family
Here are some of my favorites times..


Summer crabs..  ummm  how I would love some right now.


Sunny days out on the boat.





 
Creating the spoonful blog book.. one of my favorite possessions.




The October weekend trip to Dover with Paul,   we had such a wonderful time.


Halloween at the spoonful house


Creeping around those abandoned buildings was spooky fun.



The new jeep..  I still love it.



The easy kitchen floor redo.



Florida..    just a short 6 months ago.


Our favorite time is night time when the gulf breeze is warm and the drinks are cold





Disney World  ~  it was neat to finally get to see it.



Who doesn't love these flower cup cakes.



Bean and berry picking



Jamming out at the Rush concert




Freezing toes and fingers off while tubing.






Saying Goodbye to our 6yr old carnival fish, Goldie.



A festive, happy and BUSY christmas season.



What a wonderful year with so much to be thankful for.
 I pray that 2012 will be even better.

Everyone has been feeling better since Christmas,
What a christmas to remember and yes.. laugh at.
Thank you for all of your well wishes.

We are breaking in this new year quietly,
with some steamed shrimp, taco salad, more ice cream sundae's and maybe some Wii bowling.

Tomorrow..  I will begin the "undecorating" process.

I wanted to show you all the new curtains that I bought for the kitchen,
Don't they look gooood?

I also bought this pretty new table clothe to start out the new year.
Both the curtains and table clothe are part of the Country Living collection at Kmart.


I bought this little wire rack with some christmas money last week..
I would have never thought to hang it on the door..
but it was the only space available.
and once I hung it..  I was perfect.


Happy 2012!!!
May you all have a safe, happy and healthy new year.
Thank you for your friendships!!!!
xoxox

15 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Love the curtains and tablecloth Leslie! I actually hung a half pot rack on the door to the shed in my kitchen, works great! Wishing you a wonderful 2012-have fun:@)

Julie Harward said...

A nice look over your year, may the next be even better! Love the new things here, looks nice. Happy New Year! ;D

Lisa said...

I found your blog during the Countdown to Halloween, but enjoyed it so much that I had to follow it!

Have a Happy new Year and can't wait to see next year's posts!

Katharine said...

Happy New Year from us to you! Hope this year is amazing!!(Ps. I LOVE the kitchen, your curtains are so pretty!)

Sarah B said...

You had a much better year than I did, mine was a real dud! I like the idea if the blog book, I must look into that myself.
Well, here's to a great year got all of us!
Xx

Blondie's Journal said...

I love the new curtains and rack, Leslie! You have great taste! Thanks for sharing your pictures from 2011...I wish I had the energy to do something like this! Maybe next year!

Have a wonderful evening and Happy New Year!

XO,
Jane

It's me said...

Een heel goed en vooral gezond 2012 !!!.......

Bedankt voor je liefde en steun van het afgelopen jaar......

Het voelde als een warme deken......

Liefs van mij....xxx.....



★ ┊    ★ ┊┊   ★ ┊  ★ ┊    
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊ ┊     ★┊  
  ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ★ ┊ ★ ┊
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊ ☆ ☆ 
☆┊   ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊┊ ☆   
┊   ┊ ☆   ☆┊    ★┊★┊ ★
☆┊ ☆   ★ ┊    ★ ┊ ☆



A very good and healthy 2012 !!!......

Thank you for love and support of the past year........

It felt like a warm blanket..........

Love from me....xxx...

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Leslie,
Sounds like you had one awesome year in 2011...love that wire rack...where did you get it at? Happy New Year to you and your family!

Blessings,
Linda

The Working Home Keeper said...

Love the curtains and tablecloth! Happy New Year!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

Tami said...

Happy New Year! I wish you a great 2012. I enjoyed looking back on your 2011. The new tablecloth is gorgeous! I LOVE IT! I may have to take a trip to Kmart today! =)

Pumpkin said...

Happy New Year Leslie! Looks like you have wonderful memories to look back on :o)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Pretty awesome year always fun to re-live especially sunny Florida! Love the new stuff you have such a great decorating eye! Your blog book did you do it on Blog2Blog? I want to print mine too so worried I'll lose it some day. Happy New Year xo

Country Dreaming said...

Sounds like you have started the new year off on the right start.
Looking back is always fun. Did Paul like his boat seat?

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Melinda

Michele said...

What a wonderful year! Love your Jeep! Looks like you and your family had some great times in 2011. RIP Goldie. I love glimpses inside your pretty home! xxoo Happy New Year!

Melanie said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!