Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Move over ghouls and goblins .. It's time for some change


Happy November friends!!

Halloween night was much like the month of October,
It went by fast and we had a great time with some friends and family.

The day started like this..

 

See that ugly man?
That's me ~ dressed up like my boss.
and that lovely lady is my girlfriend who is dressed up like our other awesome boss.

I have known my boss for many years..
I worked for him for a few years before he came to Michael's,
and I have NEVER seen that man laugh so hard!

Big fun!

Halloween night was great,
we walked around with Sally as she trick or treated for the last time,
(another era coming to an end)
 we came home, checked candy, baked a snake and sat around a bonfire with a few friends and family.



Today I got an early start getting things done around the house.

I hate to admit it, but y'all probably know this about me anyway..
I love when it's time to pack the Halloween stuff up...
when the ghouls and witches make way for peaceful pilgrims and fall tranquility.

The fall table is set.


Remember those branches and birds that I hung from the (Halloween) dining room ceiling?


I decided that I wanted to keep the branches..
I removed the crows and replaced them with these great paper leaves that I found at the Dollar Tree.


Speaking of leaves..
This afternoon you could have found me creeping around in my neighbors yards
clipping small branches of these beauties.


The trees are gorgeous right now.


The Thanksgiving tablescape
.... so far.






There is much more work to do
and I am looking forward to giving the house a fresh change.

November is a month to be thankful,  make great comfort meals,  fuzzy socks and flannel sheets,  feel good movies and great books ~
I am ready!

Have a fantastic first week of November!
xo

16 comments:

It's me said...

You look amazing !! enjoy a happy month darling...love from me...xxx....

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you had a great Halloween Leslie! Love your costume, I'm sure it was a big hit a work! Happy November:@)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I am feeling the same. Way. Love the period between now and Thanksgiving. Not the work of Christmas and Halloween which is a lot of work too is over.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great costume! I clean my house today and put away the witches and ghost and got the turkeys out! I'm ready to decorate for Christmas that is my favorite holiday to decorate. Pinterest is giving me lots of ideas. Have a wonderful night!

Gina said...

Cute costumes! Love the baked snake.

I am so ready for Thanksgiving too. Great idea to leave the branches up. The table is looking fantastic!

Heather said...

Hi Leslie! I love how you changed out the birds for leaves. Your Thanksgiving table looks great!

Michele said...

Your Thanksgiving table is gorgeous! And I love your Halloween costume. I am definately dressing up next year.

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Your post makes me wish we had Halloween! You and your friend looks great and the table simply beautiful!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Beth said...

Your fall decorations look very nice!

Beth

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like you had a spooktacular
Halloween! You are way ahead of me on the the Thanksgiving thing--wow!
But I will get there.

See you soon!

Melinda

Melanie said...

Wow! I can't believe you made the change so quickly! Looks fab. :)

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Love the tablescape! Still searching for my vases purchased last year. I'd like them for the fall!

Karen said...

Whoa! LOVE the snake sandwich! LOL

art bliss said...

Beautifully done! I love the idea of hanging the branches from the ceiling, I may have to borrow that idea for next year! Thanks

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

Love the branches!!!

YOU WORK AT MICHEAL'S!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!

Catherine said...

Beautiful decoration! and i like the snake! (i have been busy myself and not on blogland for a time) Blessings Catherine