Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's begining to look a lot like christmas


Wow..  everyone is decked out for christmas already.
I've seen so many gorgeous ideas, treats and goodies
that I am almost back in the blogger mode.
Now.. if my internet will only cooperate!

 
It was a great Thanksgiving in the spoonful house..
and now we are head first into those bins of christmas decorations.

I made these little christmas tree cupcakes to take to work on Black Friday
They are just a boxed yellow cake mix
 and butter cream icing with a sprinkle of peppermint extract and green dye.



The dining room is fully decorated now,
The coca cola pail makes a green centerpiece.



Peek~a~boo!
Stymie loves the christmas tree..
He knows that he's been a good boy and that soon there will be lots of treats under the tree for him.


These two however..
are getting coal!
They are only worried about the squirrels outside.








I love how christmas decorations make me feel all cozy.
Unlike Halloween ~ which I also love ~ 
 there is something tranquil about tucking fresh greens and pine cones around the house.
It makes me want to curl up with good book and a great cup of coffee.
... oh, and some homemade chocolate cookies.


I found these beautiful napkin rings at Pottery Barn.
It was love at first sight.



The place mats and cookie plates came from Target.


This wooden advent calender also came from Target.
I have always wanted one of them!


Those branches from Halloween are still hanging from the ceiling.
Now they hold snowflakes and the effect is amazing.


The christmas shopping is almost done..
I have a major project for Paul that I am working on and still waiting on parts to come.
Shhhh... I am making him new bench seats for his boat
( the seats at the bow of the boat)

How about you all..  how's the shopping coming along?


See you all soon
xo
L

22 comments:

Brandi said...

I enjoyed seeing your home all decorated for the holidays! Your dining room looks very warm and cozy! Love your ice skates so cute!!

Deb said...

Everything looks so inviting and festive. I love it all. I have a little wooden advent box too and love to put teeny trinkets in the cubbies. I love yours more, though. Looks like it would hold more. Have fun.

The Working Home Keeper said...

It all looks so beautiful and cozy Leslie! I love it!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

notes of sincerity said...

I absolutely adore your home!! :o) What precious decorations too!! :o) Have a great week. Sincerely, Trish :o)

Beth said...

You have a lovely site!

The shopping is all done for me. Hooray for that!

Heather said...

Leslie, I am so jealous! Your dining room looks fabulous! I love the snowflakes hanging from the tree branches. In case you're wondering, I haven't started decorating or shopping!! :)

Katharine said...

Oh your didning room looks so warm and inviting! I love the branches on the ceiling, it looks great with the snowflakes!I am early with my decorating, but sooo behind on my shopping!
Happy Wednesday!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Your home is so warm and cozy...love all your decorations! Just want to stop by have some coffee and eat those cupcakes and chat too! Have great day!

Gina said...

Your home is looking so festive all decked out for Christmas. I love the Coca Cola bucket centerpiece & those skates too! Your branches hanging with snowflakes are awesome.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I just love your house. Love the pitch fork over the window and just love it all. Those cupcakes are perfection.

Lilly said...

Your home looks really lovely, and those cupcakes are SO cute!

It's me said...

Beautiful cupcakes !!!.....this weekend i make choclate cookies....yammie......no christmas here yet..........♥.. ♥... ♥....

Blondie's Journal said...

Your home looks very festive and all decked out! I love the tree in the Coca Cola tub!! I just love little accent trees!

Your cupcakes are SO cute...you are the hit of the office, I bet!

Happy Holidays!

XO,
Jane

It's Just Dottie said...

I so love visiting you. Wonderful just wondeful!
Smiles, Dottie

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Everything looks very cozy, love your plaid tablecloth! Good for you to almost be done with the shopping, still a ways to go myself:@)

Libbie said...

You are MAKING boat seats! You are my hero!!! That is amazing!!!

You home looks sooo cozy & full of love! I am coming over right now! :) It would be so fun to peek around!

Those cupcakes you made are PERFECT! I have to show them to my sister & maybe she'll make me some! :) Hopefully! :) Stay warm!

Tami said...

I saw this on Kathy's blog and had to check out yours too. I love this idea... I'd like to join in the fun too!

Nezzy said...

Your home looks so very festive and charmin'. I have to tell ya I'm covetin' those precious cookie plates. They're great!

God bless your day sweetie!!! :o)

Country Dreaming said...

It is looking a lot like Christmas in your neck of the woods.
We haven't started the major shopping yet or decorating.
Still trying to get to feeling 100%
There is always the upcoming weekend.

Have a great Friday.

melinda

Catherine said...

Beautiful decorations!, love your table, so nice!

Pumpkin said...

Your Christmas decor is looking fabulous! I just started today :o) It's slow going but at least I'm ahead of last year. LOL!

Melanie said...

Everything looks fabulous! So warm and inviting. I love love love those fur-trimmed 'ice skates'. Oh darling!