Sunday, November 20, 2011

getting ready for the Holidays





Well Hello again friends.
Sorry about the confusion,  no time hasn't passed you by that quickly
I am just getting a head start on my December blogging.

....And now that I have created the new header
I must catch up with all of my favorite blogs.
I know, I've been a crappy bloggy friend lately.

These past few weeks I've been suffering from an overload of work and Halmark Christmas movies.
I just love the cheesy Christmas romance variety.
Work..  that's another story!

We are all ready for Thanksgiving
I think!
Shhhhhh.
Don't tell anyone
but I am cheating this year.
A lot.

I want to enjoy the holiday without stress and a sink full of dishes!

Not only did I already buy prechopped celery and onions for the stuffing
but I also bought frozen cubed potatoes to mash.
oh.. and forget the china and silver
this year it is paper and plastic!

I found this awesome silver plastic flatware at Party City.


Guess what?
There is a Christmas tree up on our sun porch!
Last year I decided that I didn't want to do the big tree on the porch
again.. to much work.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do out there but I really wanted something pretty and easy.

While at the Pottery Barn the other day I fell in love with a tiny tree there.
It's the cutest thing ever.
I didn't buy it and I have been kicking myself all weekend for not getting it.

Last night,  Michelle came home from work and handed me a Pottery Barn bag and said,
Happy Early Birthday Mom!!!

...and inside was that lovely little tree.

I simply love it!!!


This morning,  I have a date with my two awesome daughters and a crew of Vampires and Werewolves.
Yes, I will be sporting my Edward Tshirt.

Have a fantastic Sunday.
See you all soon.
xoxo


17 comments:

Lisa said...

We do paper & plastic every year, too! It's so nice that my daughter & niece are old enough to be on kp now!!!

We're going to see some vampires & werewolves today, too!

Jemm said...

Leslie, I've been terrible at blogging lately too. No worries. We're all busy too. Sometimes I worry that while I'm "away" blogger will make so many changes that I'll no longer be able to log on LOL :)

Chris said...

Stress free is the way to go!
It sounds like you will have everything together so that you can get things done and enjoy the holiday.
Go team Edward :0)

It's me said...

Beautiful your new header!!.....yes almost christmas......hmmm......love from me..............♥.. ♥... ♥....

Pumpkin said...

Everyone gets busy! That's life...

I can't believe you have a tree up already! I won't start decorating until after December 1. I won't ;o)

That was very sweet of your DD :o) Hope you enjoyed the movie better than I did.

Blondie's Journal said...

I LOVE your new header! Glad you posted so I could see it! We have been crazy busy here, too. I'd love to take some shortcuts but everyone would notice right away!

Have a great day and enjoy your movie!

XO,
Jane

wicKED said...

It is that time of year for endless holiday celebrations. I love every minute of it. In my world, starting with Halloween, we go right to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, My Birthday, Super Bowl Party, and Valentines Day... non stop back to back celebrations.

I like that little tree too!

Madelief said...

Love your new header Leslie! You are right to take it easy this year and enjoy the holidays. I wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your new header and that tree is just too cute! Sounds like you have your Turkey Day game plan in place-enjoy:@)

Gina said...

That's an adorable tree! What a sweet daughter!

Hope you enjoyed Breaking Dawn...we saw it yesterday afternoon.

Country Dreaming said...

Tis the season for being busy!
Looking forward to Thanksgiving and then I will get the Christmas Spirit going here. Have a ton of plans swirling through my head already.
So sweet of your daughter to get you that cute little tree.
Hope you enjoyed the movie--I know you did!
Thanks for your thoughts and prayers in regards to Mr. Ken's
surgery.

Melinda

Michele said...

You are not cheating. I'm not even cooking. We are going out! I am making dessert though. Your daughter is SO sweet to buy you that tree. Breaking Dawn was awesome!!! Let me know how you liked it.

Melanie said...

Awwww, what a cute little tree!
I don't blame you one bit for 'cheating' (though I don't think it's cheating, to be honest). Thanksgiving can be exhausting for the person putting on the feast!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh I am the same way. I love all the cheesy Hallmark movies too. I have yet to start decorating. The bins come out this year.

It's a Crafty Life said...

I love those cheesy holiday movies too. :-) Hope you enjoyed your movie and girl time!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Simple...simple...my motto too! I adore your little tree!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

What a sweet daughter you have! Love the new header! Angie xo