Sunday, October 23, 2011

Halloweening and a new kitchen floor

Although I've been semi quiet this month
There still has been a lot of Halloween'ing going on in the Spoonful house.

Here are some of what has been going on.

Cookie decorating with a kit that we got at Michael's.





Being the target of this witch's evil spells.


Kitchen floor shopping.



... and installing.


(after watching countless YouTube tutorials on how to install, I learned that I could install these pretty adhesive vinyl planks over top of the existing tile floor)


With a T square and an exacto knife ~  this floor was so easy to put down.
I was finished before Paul even got out of bed.

~ and it only cost me $150.00 and a few sore knees


What do you get when you cross pretzel sticks, munchkins and chocolate?



A yummy acorn!


I've been enjoying my pretty bats , dead hydrangea's and the stained glass ghost given to me by my blogger friend last year.


Making fingers.


.. and toes.


Creating pumpkin topiaries.



Aren't they just gorgeous!


Enjoying battery operated candles.


Finally getting the new black oven hood that we needed.
(OK.. so it is not really new... It's painted!)


Mostly, I've been standing around admiring my new beautiful floor.
I still can't get over how pretty it looks.


For the rest of this evening..
I'm am going to put my blogger running shoes on and visit you all.
xoxo
Hope that everyone is having a wonderful October.






22 comments:

Brandi said...

Goodness Leslie, you've been busy!! Your new floors look awesome! Kudos to you for doing all the work yourself. I love all of the Halloween treats you've been making with your girls. Your such a good mama!! Take care my friend!

Katharine said...

Good grief girl, you've been all kinds of busy! I love the floor it looks beautiful! And wow, those topiaries are awesome!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your new floor is beautiful-congrats! The topiaries are really pretty too and while I've seen fingers before, the toes really crack me up! Looks like the ghost found a good home:@)

Kristens Creations said...

Wow! You have some great Halloween ideas! Love your floors too...

Glad you stopped by. Glad you liked the patio! Thanks! Kristen

Freckled Hen said...

As if baking Halloween cookies isn't inspiring enough you installed your own kitchen floor?! You always amaze me! It looks great, your whole kitchen is so pretty!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You have been busy!!! I love all your decorations and goodies!! I especially love the floor!! I had no idea that it was 'really' that easy to put in--I guess I'm just not that brave, but you've given me some courage!!

Nezzy said...

Girl, I wanna come to your house for Halloween!!!! What a fantastic job in both spooky treats and the floor!

God bless ya and have an amazin' week!!! :o)

All That Glitters said...

I can't believe that's vinyl on your floor! I'm telling my fella asap about this! We need new flooring and carpet so bad! Your pumpkins are gorgeous! I've always wanted to make those. You always make the best treats! Why can't we live closer!?!

Love ya!

Gina said...

You have been a busy girl! You did a wonderful job with the floor. You should be very proud of yourself. I don't know that I would have had the guts to tackle a job like that.

Country Dreaming said...

Busy busy as always!
The floor looks fab! You make it sound so easy too.
Looks like too much fun is going on. Keep it up.

Melinda

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

You are awesome!! Can't believe you did that yourself all alone. Those finger treats are so cool. What can't you do?

Anna of Halloween Night said...

The treats look delicious! I've given your blog an award which you can pick up at my blog here: http://halloween-nights.blogspot.com/2011/10/idig-your-blog-award.html

It's me said...

Hi darling !! great floor !! i like the color......yammie cookies....beautiful pumpinks......and did you know...their is something strange in your mirror ???...love you Ria...xxx..

Lilly said...

Wow! You've been busy! I love the new floor and the cookies, and the plate with fingers is really cool!

Jemm said...

Your floor looks great! You HAVE been busy haven't you. Love the new look of your blog too :0)

Annelie said...

You have been a very busy girl, as usual.
How do you find time for all the decorating and baking?
Must be the most fun house to live in.

Annelie

Pumpkin said...

Okay, you had me with all that yummy food until I saw the fingers ;o) ROFL!

Great job on the floor girl!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Woo hoooo, spooooooooooky. I adore these vibrant colors in the first pictures, your lollie pops look very yummy, Leslie.
LOVE your lamp above your kitchen table!!!

Happy happy Monday xxx

Karen said...

Great job on that kitchen floor! It makes your kitchen even more cozy, as it that's possible. I just love your kitchen.

Those fingers -- creepy. They look so real (ew!)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Absolutely love your new floor....gorgeous! And all your halloween fun.....Good job!

Melanie said...

The new floor and goodies look fabulous! Who knew such a thing (wood vinyl flooring) existed? I didn't, for one. What a great idea!

Kathy said...

How much does your new floor cost? It looks really pretty. It makes the room warm and cozy. BTW, the Halloween theme for your kitchen is brilliant!

Kathy Carbone