Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween party, Kitty liter cake and special treats for kids who need them



Boo!!



It has been a fun few days in the spoonfull house.

Halloween is in full swing around here.

Friday was Sally's Halloween Party and there was lots to do to get ready.

We made some ghost lollipops.

Some chocolate pumpkins and mice.


Pumpkin Ice..
(made from the Candy molds)



The ghost coconut cake


Mice topped cupcakes


We ordered some pizza's

and made some tasty Brain Stew.



The mummy dip seems to be everybody's favorite.


There were lots of crafts to make Masquerade masks.






Darla wanted to make crafts too!!







The masks and the party were great!!
All of the kids did a fine job!
(My camera took lousy photos that night)



Trick Or Treat

A few weeks ago Sally and I filled a bunch of treat bags with these :


100 treat bags


And today we took them down to the Johns Hopkins Children's Center
 to share with the children there. 
This will be a tradition that we will do every year.
 

This afternoon I made three pans of this.. 

Kitty Liter Cake

Ewwwwwwwwww!!!



Hope that you all have a wonderful safe Halloween.

See you in November!!!!
                                                                              xoxo

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You are getting more and more into all this huh? Love it! I made a kitty litter cake and it grossed everyone out but they said it was delish! LOL

Gina said...

Oh my goodness, you are one fun Halloween lovin' Mama! Your kids must get a kick out of all you do.

Katharine said...

Ok, the cake... I'm not sure I could do it, but you made me laugh out loud!
Happy Halloween!!

All That Glitters said...

That is so nice to do for the children! Your party food looked so good, but I would have to pass on Kitty cake!lol!

Michele said...

Looks like you threw a fun party! That is the sweetest thing to make those goody bags. I need to do something like that with my kids. The kitty litter cake is brilliant! Happy Halloween!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like everyone had a great time! Love the ghost cake and eyes in the icing, and the mummy dip is really cute! So... how long do you think you'll be cleaning up glitter??? Happy Halloween:@)

It's me said...

Happy haloween !!!.....love from me.....Ria...xxx....

Heather said...

What a neat idea for goodie bags! I bet it was much appreciated and brought a smile to some very special kids!

Love all your gross food. I just don't know if I could eat that kitty litter cake, although I am sure it is quite delicious!! Your Halloween ideas are so great, Leslie! The party looked like a lot of fun!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy Halloween!! WOw you really out did your selves! Hope you had a great day and I'm sure the kids at hospital loved the mask.

Pumpkin said...

What a wonderful idea Leslie!

Okay, the kitty litter cake undid the cravings ;o)

Melanie said...

Hahahaha! What a GREAT party!! I particularly love the eyes on the coconut cake. :)
(Not sure I would have the stomach to dig into the kitty litter cake though. lol)

Brandi said...

You are such a creative mama! You are full of so many fun things to do with your girls!