Monday, October 24, 2011

Eyeball sandwich

Since this is the last week before Halloween
I am trying to keep in the spirit of things and make a creepy Halloween themed meal each night.

These olive filled meatballs look a little angry.

The eyeball sandwich
~ served up with some long witch fingers.


I got the idea from my friend Lynn over at Happier then a pig in mud ,
She's been on the ball with the Halloween cooking.
Her eyeball recipe has a Mexican twist
while mine are just plain Italian meatballs stuffed with a big plump juicy olive
 and slow cooked in a delicious red sauce.



Boo!


Have a great day everyone.

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun Food! Love it!

Annelie said...

Eerie with eyes looking at you as you're about to take a bite.

Eeek!

Annelie

Gina said...

Oh these are fun!

Pumpkin said...

Ewwwww! At least I'm not hungry from this post ;o)

Madelief said...

That sandwich looks just horrible ;-)!

I wish you and your family a happy Halloween next weekend!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Formerly known as Frau said...

awesome eye ball sandwich! you are such a halloween girl....lucky family to have such a festive mom!
Have a great Monday!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

They "look" great:@) Sounds like a yummy dinner-have fun!

Country Dreaming said...

Ummmm, I'm not sure about these.
Good though I am sure.

Melinda

Ana said...

Oooh, spooky sandwich...But it sure looks delish :-) Love the idea of Halloween theme meals. Too cute.

Hug and Kisses,
♥Ana

Pam said...

Well this is pretty creepy! lol But in a delicious way! Fun, fun!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

I love it...so spooky!

BeWitchy said...

This is really neat! I've never seen an eyeball sandwich before.