Tuesday, October 18, 2011

creepy tours



 Cue the scary music!

I am finally in the Halloween mood.

For whatever reason,  I've just haven't been in to it this year.


How creepy is that sign..
This past weekend Sally and I, along with a bunch of her friends, classmates and moms,
went to tour the Fort Howard Haunted Dungeons.

It's a lot of fun.. walking through the dark woods being chased by chainsaws and werewolfs!
yeah.. big fun!

Actually,  I had more fun during the hours that we snuck around the old hospital grounds.
 I admit that this was not one of my good mother moments.. 
Much to my sweet friend's dismay,
 I was a brave mom who helped the kids break into some of the abandoned buildings.


I hafta confess
~  I was scared shitless!

On a good note,
I knew that Sally would be to scared to explore with us.. 
thankfully, she stayed back with the sensible mom. " )


What do you think about this place?


Haunted?

Sure is beautiful.


There are atleast 12 of these vacant houses on the property ~

This was the first one that we snuck in to.



This is the creepiest picture..
taken by me, looking out of the window.



Kinda reminds me of this...


Scared now? 





This is where is really gets fun..
and just a little spooky.



This is Fort Howard Veterans Hospital.
It has been abandoned for about 15 years.

In 1987, My grandfather died at this hospital.
He had a pace maker and was having  some sort of trouble,
went to his Dr appointment and had a heart attack on the front steps of the hospital.

Possibly these very steps.




This is a photo of one of the rooms inside..
a few lights were still on.


We explored a few corridoors of the building without going to deep.

Lastlly,
this would be me..
hauling ass out of there!!!


Thanks kids,  for letting me remember what it feels like to be an inquisitive 13 year old again.
..and thanks moms,  for keeping lookout! 
It was a great time!


Hope that you are all having a spook safe fantastic October!!!
xoxox

12 comments:

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

How spooky. You are brave!

All That Glitters said...

Sounds like fun to me! haha!

Lisa said...

Sounds like fun to me, too!

It's me said...

Love....xxx.....i am scarry !

Gina said...

Oh you brave girl! I am such a chicken. Glad you had fun though,

Sarah B said...

Very spooky! Though, those buildings are amazing. Hopefully someone gets in and restores them in the future :)

Melanie said...

Heeeheeee! What creepy fun!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like naughty fun:@)

Heather said...

You are one brave woman!! :)

Country Dreaming said...

You are a nut! :)

Do you watch Ghost Hunters on the Syfy channel? We love it!

Have a great weekend.

Melinda

Libbie said...

Ahhh! Okay that WAS spooky! Better you than me girl :) You are one brave Mama!!!

Pumpkin said...

OMG! I would have peed my pants! LOL!