Friday, October 7, 2011

Candy Corn Cupcakes and reflections












1/2 cup shortening

1-1/2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

3-1/2 teaspoons baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk

4 egg whites

Frosting of your choice

Candy corn or other decorations

Directions

In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Beat in the egg whites.

(I separated the batter in half and mixed some yellow and orange food coloring in each half.. filling the liners with yellow then orange)
Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost cooled cupcakes; decorate as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.

24 Servings    Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.


Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.

~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~

This is my neighbors garage..  his yard is a little bit of a mess,  but that is not why I am showing you this.
I took this photo last night (with the flash on) while the moon was high over my house.



and this photo was taken with the flash off..
Do you see what I see?


Pretty amazing isn't it.
In all these years.. I have never seen this before.

It is the reflection of a telephone pole
 but I saw so much more then that.
I saw it as a sign to reflect on the things that are important in my life,
A sign that because I do not always feel the presence..
God is here.. with me.


Enjoy your weekend everyone
xo

13 comments:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Those cupcakes look so yummy! Can you mail one please?! That is so interesting what you see on your neighbour's garage. Funny the things you notice or don't notice in your everyday surroundings! Have a wonderful weekend Leslie! Angie xo

Donna said...

so beautiful, I am left with the sad news that big yummies are on the horizon and I haven't lost last years weight....

It's me said...

So special !!! that picture!!...and yammie cakes...enjoy a happy weekend...love from me...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cool cupcakes, still lovin' those polka dot dishes! That pic is really something:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow can I have a yummy cupcake with my coffee this morning!!
Your picture is so amazing and powerful...nice reminder.
Have a wonderful weekend!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your cupcakes are very happy, Leslie. The cake baking season has arrived!!
Have a great weekend xxx

Karen said...

Wow. That picture is something. Lots to reflect on there.

Heather said...

Your candycorn cupcakes are just adorable! Did you make the cupcake toppers?

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Your cupcakes look delicous! I wish I could come along and taste one. It's a pity you live so far away.

Lieve groet & happy weekend,

Madelief x

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

These look so fun and probably taste delicious too.

Pumpkin said...

Neat cupcakes! Thank goodness I just ate breakfast ;o)

Ana said...

Yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe and thanks for sharing your picture...He is everywhere, all we have to do is look :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Melanie said...

NOM NOM NOM.

I might do this with.........a store bought white cake mix. Ssssh! No telling on me though. :)