Sunday, October 9, 2011

a beautiful trip to the cemetary ( Rated Z for Zombies)

Good Morning.
Happy Sunday!

It looks like it's gonna be another gorgeous fall day.
I am loving this weather.

Yesterday,  Sally and I took a trip to my grandparents cemetery.
It is such a beautiful place to visit.








See that building over to the left..
That is where my grandparents rest.

     

Inside of the mausoleum looks much like this one.
There are four large.. very long hallways filled with vaults.
My grandparents rest on the tippy-top of the last hallway.


Actually, it would be very easy to locate my family there..
Let your eyes search among the beautiful flowers and tributes
and then.. among those pretty things you will find the one family
with kooky glittered skeletons, bats and creepy black gauze.

I suppose you would have to have a sense of humor when you see it.
My grandma, would have loved it!!!

I really wanted to take a picture
but..
I don't know if it's disrespectful to the other souls that lie in rest there.

Plus,  I've watched way to many horror movies when I was younger
and the mausoleum is kinda creepy.

Ok.. really,  I'm a little afraid of this.


... and the truth is that I left my Zombie survival guide at home!

So no,  I didn't take any inside photos of my grandparents cool Halloween decorations because I didn't want to be a Zombie lunch.

I can't run that fast!




Have a wonderful day everyone.

we are off to the pumpkin patch!

7 comments:

Katharine said...

Have a great time at the pumpkin patch! That first picture of Sally and the tree, is gorgeous!! You should frame that one!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I hate that when I leave my Zombie guide at home!! But it does sound like a day that was enjoyed despite that!! ;-)

Sarah B said...

It must be a little strange seeing spooky decorations in the mausoleum! Have fun at the pumpkin patch. I'm going to try growing giant pumpkins this year :)

Pumpkin said...

I've never seen the inside of one of those. That IS spooky!

Country Dreaming said...

Watch out for the Zombies! Hope you were able to find the perfect pumpkins!

Melinda

Those cupcakes looks great!

Jemm said...

For real?! That last photo really creeps me out ;) Love your candy corn cup cakes-so cute!

Ana said...

Can you even imagine being there at night? Yikes....way too scary for me. Wouldn't want to be Zombie lunch, dinner or breakfast for that matter, either :-)

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana