Thursday, October 6, 2011

The almost finished project and a Halloween link party

I'mmmmmm back!

It's starting to feel like October around here.
I've got the spiders on the windows, mum's on the back porch and I am 3/4's of the way finished with our Halloween countdown thingy.

Speaking of Halloween countdowns.. 
I joined an awesome blog Countdown to Halloween party,
For some AWESOME Halloween blogs go check it out.

Anyway,  back to the project.
It is just about finished.

The little bags that the girls and I decorated
are getting filled with goodies.

(There are still a few more things that I want to get for them)




Some are filled with tricks


And some with treats.


And some with necessities like socks and travel sized toiletries.


Most importantly..
we received the gift of family time while we created these cute little bags.





As I filled each bag,
 I attached them in order on the "potato chip display rack" that I found on eBay.


Since I am a week late on our Halloween countdown
I skipped 1-5 and added the little black cat bags for Paul.



Wondering what a cool guy like Paul would receive in a his goodie bag?
Well, his all time favorite candy of coarse!



Today is the first day of our countdown..
The girls are gonna love the new soft spooky socks that I've added to the bag.

Hope you all have a great day!!!!!


18 comments:

Brandi said...

such a cute idea to do a Halloween countdown!! i bet your girls really enjoyed putting the bags together with you!!

Katharine said...

Too cute! I love the chip display rack, what a great idea! Happy October!

Julie Harward said...

How fun! I think I have caught your Halloween bug..putting it all out today! ;D

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We did a pumpkin at our office yesterday and your post really puts me in the Halloween mood even more because it's partly edible!! :-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Soft spooky socks sound like fun! It's sure been cool enough to wear them:@)

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Now that is the cutest Halloween idea I have ever seen. Just darling down to the perfect little bags.

Nezzy said...

Girl, it looks like ya got your party on!!! You did it so beautifully too.

I just adore your little 'bag' display. Too cute!!!

God bless ya and have an incredible day sweetie!!! :o)

Gina said...

You are so clever! This is a super idea.

Dane said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. It's lovely to meet you, and this looks like a fantastic project - I'm envious!

All That Glitters said...

These are awesome!!!!

Country Dreaming said...

How fun for everyone.
Different twist on a countdown. Love it!

Melinda

Melanie said...

Heeeheeeeeeee!!! I love your countdown! What a great idea.

Heather said...

How very fun! All the bags looks so cute on display!

Mo 'Betta said...

How fun! I haven't put out the first decoration...I'm such a slacker! I've got my fall wreath down from the attic, so I guess that's a start ;)

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I'm coming over your place for Halloween! Trick-o-Treat!

Debbie said...

How fun everything looks. I love the touches of glitter. I really enjoyed the creativity that you add to everything. Bless you. Deb

Pumpkin said...

I want to come and celebrate Halloween at your house! LOL!

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
WAGI!...(What a great idea) :-) Love the potato chip rack. Fun, fun, fun.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana