Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2011 Halloween Invitations

Boo!


Sheeesh..  Here it is the 11th day of October
and I am just now getting those Halloween party invitations finished.
I kinda made some quickie invites this year,
(Thanks to some help from some smart chickies at work who gave me the skeleton idea)
And once I got going..  they started to take shape.

First I used some wooden coffins..  painted them black.



I cleared and glittered them


Added the party info  on the inside of the "lid" in red paint.

Added some black fuzzy stuff ( like webbing)


 and a skeleton



Then I hot glued his feet to the bottom of the coffin
added some white webbing, around the neck of the skeleton and glued to the lid.
~ so that it rises when opened.


Embellished the top with more webs, moss and skulls



And DONE!

 all of the supplies came from Michael's.

Have a great Wednesday friends.

13 comments:

Heather said...

What creative and fantastic invitations! Wish I was one of the lucky recipients! :)

Gina said...

OMG, you are amazing! These are too cool for words.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Too fun, love the gross effect when they are opened:@)

wicKED said...

I hope your guest consider themselves very lucky to get such an awesome invite!

Julie Harward said...

LOL I think these are totally delightful, everyone will scream with horror and excitement as the get theirs...way to go! ;D

Lilly said...

OH my gosh! Those invitations are wonderful! Creative and awesome like all your things Leslie!

Sarah b said...

They look amazing! I always think of you when i see Haloween things now :)

Freckled Hen said...

I love that! Those invitations are so cool, you are so creative! You make me love Halloween!

Coastalpines said...

What a FABULOUS idea!! Really incredible ~ well done!

Pumpkin said...

Brilliant Leslie!!!!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

You rock. These are the best Halloween invitations I have ever seen!!

Country Dreaming said...

Very creative and cute!

Have a super day.

melinda

Melanie said...

Totally awesome!!! And I love how people can keep them for years after the party has come and gone - now *that's* an invitation.