Sunday, September 25, 2011

A tiny start and a delicious dinner

Oh my gosh
Just 5 days until my favorite month
and I just can't get into the decorating mood!!!

 I feel like such a slacker
...here it is, my favorite time of the year
and I haven't even put my black curtains up yet!!

To be quite honest with you,  I don't even know If I'm gonna!



Although I am moving at a slower pace then usual
Fall is making itself visible around the house.






Contrary to the humid weather outside,
The smells coming from the kitchen today was every bit reminiscent of a fall day.

I made Sally this super easy cheater no bake Reese's cup cake

* well.. it would have been super easy If I would have remembered to add the peanut butter to the batter before I poured it over the crust. 


We enjoyed a delicious dinner of ..

Roasted sweet potatoes


smothered in spices and honey.


and Burgers and caramelized onions on asiago cheese bread


Yummo!

 Now that I've made you all hungry
I am going to go to bed and hope to wake up ready to rock my Halloween decor.

Have a wonderful Sunday friends.
xo

14 comments:

All That Glitters said...

Your food looks so good! I love sweet potatoes and a good cheese burger with carmelized onions any day!

I've been shopping for new Halloween goodies since Aug 1st and I think I have shopped myself out! I'm hoping I can relax now and just take it all in! It's my favorite month too!

You will get the feeling soon!

It's me said...

O my halloween decorating......hmmmm....enjoy a happy sunday.....have fun with decorating !!..love from me...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks Halloween-y to me! Just do what feels good, have fun with it:@)

Lee Ann said...

ooh looks delicious!! mmm I love roasted sweet potatoes. Take your time and enjoy every step!
I am gagging for some cold weather here! It was quite promising last week and I got to put my woolly hat on a few days! But this weekend it is back to flip flop weather. ugh.
However we are being threatened/promised some snow next month! woo hoo! so it may make the late autumn more worth it! have a great week xx

Chris said...

October is my favorite month too. Your slow start looks great. I am sure the mood will hit you soon.
Dinner looks awesome!

Katharine said...

Yum! Everything looks good! happy decorating today!

Catherine said...

You make me feel hungry! so GOOD! Catherine

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

You made some delicious looking things! Hope you will find time to do some more decorating this week, but I already like it the way it is now :-)

Lieve groet, Madelief x

Melanie said...

OMG @ Asiago bread. Holy crapballs I love that stuff. NOM NOM NOM.

I'm gearing up to do a big housecleaning today so I can start bringing out the Halloween stuff too. It's such a great month. :)

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hey...looks like a GREAT START to me....just keep it going !!!!

happy to stop by today..that burger looked so GOOD !!!!!

kary and teddy
xo

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Sounds like a great start to Fall!

Country Dreaming said...

You are farther along than I am but I have a good excuse--being gone all weekend.
I think Halloween will rock soon at your place!!

Take care.

Melinda

Heather said...

Hi Leslie! Wish I was there to eat dinner...it looks delicious! Don't feel bad, I haven't started my fall decorating either. I'll probably start Oct.1!

Pumpkin said...

Again, no warning label that you're going to show delicious food ;o)