Monday, September 12, 2011

The gifts that you all are

As we remember the loss of September 11, 2001
we are reminded of that tragic day by images and stories.
Many of those images and faces are so fresh in my mind, and in my heart,
that I feel a connection to these strangers.

It's hard for me to put into words
but although those memories of 911 are horrific
It's those faces and hero's that have given me compassion and love for the human race.

It's like the blogging world
There are so many of us..
A melting pot of  men, women, white, black, Chinese, American, Australian, Canadian, Dutch, British, French, mothers, daughters, sisters, wives....
Homemakers, Teachers, Chefs, Thrifters, Professionals, Gardeners, Farmers, Decorators, Dreamers..

Strangers from all over this world,
 we come together on these blogs to share our lives and loves.
Each of you is like a gift to me.
A gift of hope, compassion, knowledge and friendship.

Thank you.

This weekend
I received a sweet reminder of how special my blog friends are. 


This lovely package comes from my friend Trish


Trish is fantastic with yarn and sewing thread.
Even though I can't sew or knit worth a lick,
I love looking at her pretty patterns and fabrics.


Last week Trish had a giveaway and I was one of the lucky winners.
Thank you so much Trish
I love it.


And Thank you all
for visiting my blog and enhancing my life with your knowledge and love.

I treasure each and every one of you.

Have a fantastic Monday.

12 comments:

Pumpkin said...

What a lovely surprise to receive in the mail :o)

Katharine said...

Congratulations! And thank you, for brightening our lives! Have a wonderful week!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on your win, it's very pretty:@)

Madelief said...

Beautiful words and a beautiful present! Thank you too for always leaving such sweet and happy comments!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Blogging friends are the best. Love your Sept. header.

It's me said...

Whay a great gift !! bloging is so nice all those kind and wonderful people all over the world !!.....giving eachother love ,joy hapiness and gifts...and much more......xxx...

Formerly known as Frau said...

Congrats on your win so pretty! You are a treasure too! Have a wonderful Monday!

notes of sincerity said...

You are just precious Leslie! :o)
I am so glad you love your bracelet. It was such a joy knowing that you were one of the winners! :o)
Thank you for always extending such kind and encouraging notes on my blog. They mean so much!
Have a nice week friend. Trish

Country Dreaming said...

Congratulations on the win.
Super post also!!!

Melinda

Sarah B said...

My bloggy friends mean so much to me too :)
What a lovely pressie in the post x

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I'm catching up on your blog, and was so touched by the video you posted and agree with your thoughts today! What a perfect gift to receive to remind all of us of the value of those who have touched our lives and made a difference.

Julie said...

Congrats! Its always so fun to get something wonderful in the mail!