Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting in the Halloween mood

Ready to see what I've done with the sun porch so far.

Here,  take my hand..



These shelves have proved to be tricky
since I can't decide what I want on them.

The black light accentuated the spider web.
~at night it looks pretty cool.


I will update later ~ once I decide what else I need.

I made the makeshift chandelier with purple lights, tulle, and the yard stake hands,
and as you can see in the back ground.. 
 I was too lazy to hang the spooky curtains so I just tucked them over the normal curtains instead.
It works.

I actually have cut way back on the Halloween decor this year,
I just don't have it in me to set all of the stuff up.
It is kind of a relief knowing that once November 1st is here
I won't be overwhelmed by the amount of de-Halloweening to do.

The table..
Romantic dinner for two.
You think?


There are just a few more things that I want to add and then the porch will be finished.
I will show you guys the finish rooms soon.

As you can see,  I am catching up
but I am still not ready yet.

This weekend while trying to decorate, I got a little side tracked and much to my backs dismay,
decided to rearrange furniture.

This is a very lived in room and now we have just a little more space..
Now, I've got to spook it out!!


Dinner is ready ~  and I am hungry!!
See you all soon.
Have a great night.

15 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' that hot pink skull and I think the curtains look great:@)

Julie Harward said...

It's funny how moving things around a bit gets you going onto other things...I knew you would get into the mood! ;D

Gina said...

It's beginning to look perfectly spooky...I love it! How cool are you with that "chandelier"? I love that too.

Karen said...

Your fall and Halloween decorations are the BEST! You have such great ideas!

It's me said...

O my o my o my .....!!!....xxx....

Pen Pen said...

My DIL loves Halloween decorating too. You have a some good stuff there. I love your last photo of your living room... I love it!!! Love all the red!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Lots of scary stuff.....
I love your living room with all the reds!!
Have a wonderful day!

Melanie said...

Loving it!! :)

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

I can still remember your decorations from last year....they were great! This year you have really exceeded yourself! It all looks horrible :-)

Have a lovely day,

Madelief x

Country Dreaming said...

Looks great--see I told you some rocking would be going on!

Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!!!! :)


Melinda

Anna of Halloween Night said...

It's looking awesome!!! Can't wait to see the rest!

Pumpkin said...

Great decor Leslie!

Nezzy said...

Wow!!! I'm impressed and this chick doesn't impress easily. I had to laugh when you said you've actually cut back. Baby...I can't imagine more! Wonderful spooky job sweetie.

God bless and have yourself one fantastic weekend!!! :o)

Lisa said...

The centerpiece on your table is awesome! I just don't think I'd want to sit in that chair where it would stare at me!

Found you on the Countdown!

Design DNA said...

I love the bottle of spiders spilling out! Great Halloween ideas. Feel free to stop by and link up to our Halloween Link party.

Corie @ Design DNA