Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Tuesday Train ~ my top 10 list

Good morning sweet friends
I hope that you all are well and happy.


Today, along with some fellow blogger friends I am hopping aboard the Tuesday Train
and sharing my top ten thoughts and things for the week.



1.)   I am totally in love with the new jeep.   Yes, it's ours ~ after 5 long years of making payments.
When we bought it on Friday it had 15 miles on it,
Today is has 170 ~  I've been in the car all weekend.
I can't tell you how great it is to not have to check the temperature gages
and worry about going long distances.  
The best part ~ I love everything about it!!

I am in hog heaven..  not only does the air conditioner work..
there is built in bluetooth, voice command radio, heated seats, satellite radio, remote start..
I just wanna scream!!!! 

I found this photo online..
Isn't she a beauty!!!


2.)   Speaking of screaming..     I started wearing a nicotine patch yesterday.
I cheated a few times but didn't do to bad.
WHY IS IT SO HARD!!!!!
I thought that since I have only been back to smoking for a little over a month that it would be easy to stop
~ it's not!
I will stay strong and focused today.
I'm gonna do this!

3.)  What is it about this time of year that makes me want to change the colors of my decor.
I start seeing orange and golden yellows in everything
and I am inspired to redo things.
Maybe, like some of you.. I am just ready for the change of seasons.

4.) I am also in the mood  to watch some of my favorite movies ~





5.)  It is already the first week of August and we have NOT done any school supply shopping.
Nothing like waiting until the last minute.
My oldest is changing her major ~ so we've got some college kinks to work out
and mini me is going into the 8th grade.
I just can't believe how time soars by..

6.)  There are atleast 200 songs on my ipod and I find myself listening to the same 4 songs over and over.
I just can't get enough of  Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder!


7.)  Papa Spoonful is a happy camper ~  His valentine gift arrived this weekend.
Remember I bought him those October race tickets and track side tour ~

We haven't been to a Nascar race in years and he is really looking forward to it.


7.)   I switched the table in the living room for a table the I purchased at the Thrift store.
I am still not sure how I feel about it.
I like the size of it but it may be a little to 60's style for me.
I think that I will take the sander to it and rough it up some more.. 


8.)  I had the best grilled cheese sandwich while out with Grandma Spoonful the other day.

It was called the Ultimate Grilled Cheese
and it was a combination of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses, pesto ( which I normal hate) and tomatoes on grilled sour dough bread.

I think that I will make that for dinner tonight!

9.)  I am looking forward to some good weather and CLEAN lungs
so that I can take my walks  ( since I probably won't be running for a while) around my favorite track.

10.)  lastly and most importanly, I am learning to pray, trust  and heel again
 and it feels wonderful!!!


I hope that you all have a fantastic Tuesday

Peace, Love and Happiness!!



17 comments:

mimbles said...

My VW van has heated seats. When we bought it in summer last year I thought they were the silliest thing ever and couldn't imagine ever wanting to use them. A few months later I was tweeting from the driver's seat in our driveway that I didn't want to get out of the car because my bum was warm and it was bloody cold out there!

Country Dreaming said...

Congrats on the new Jeep. there is nothing like a new car to get one going.

Have fun.

Melinda

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
Awesome Jeep! Congrats. And stay strong my friend. I will be rooting for you. You can do it, you can quit smoking :-) Hope the weather isn't too, too hot over there...It is only 8 am here and already it's soooooo hot. Sending you a great big hug. ~♥Ana

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

My car is a couple of years old - it doesn't have all the newest bells and whistles but it does have the bluetooth sync and I LOVE it!!

Your blog is precious! Thanks so much for joining the Tuesday Train ~ I'm following you back!

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

You sound cheerful today! Your Jeep looks great. What an amazing car. It must be a joy to drive in.

Good luck with the non-smoking. I hope the stickers will help!

Lieve groet,

Madelief x

Mamaws Place said...

I love the little table. I'm going to Jonesborough antique shopping in October and am looking for something similar.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a fun post! You have a lot going on, and I've loved reading what you're up too and what's rocking your world!! :-))

Melanie said...

I think the table is adorable but I do see what you mean with it seeming very 60's. It's the shaping.

Go you with the patch!! You can do it!!! :)

Deila said...

How nice, I love your jeep. And funny you should mention grilled cheese, because I had one last week, sourdough, cheddar with green onions and little tomatoes -- and I wanted another. Good luck with your patch, hope it goes well. My husband grew up smoking mj and that has been a continual battle!

It's me said...

Wowwww that Jeep !!!.....Peace, Love and Happiness!! for you too darling........blessings Ria...xxx...

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

May you have many happy travels in your Jeep and good luck with the patch. I know you can do it. You've Got Mail is one of my fav movies. I hated to see that little bookstore close!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I'm screaming with you, your car so too cool...I want it!
Good luck with the patch...don't beat yourself up you are human after all! Hang in there! I'm ready for fall I can't wait to feel the crisp air and put on a cozy sweater! Love the old movies....rain day here might have to watch a couple. Have a wonderful day!

Susan said...

Thank you for the inspiration...I think I will post my top ten...feeling a bit blah today so this might improve things.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

nice Jeep !!!!

me too !!! ready for Fall !!!!

happy to see you today, my friend

kary and teddy
xx

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

OH! I love the yellow table, what a wonderful eye you have!

Mo 'Betta said...

between the apple cake in the first post and the grilled cheese in this one....I'm starving! Congrats on the new Jeep and I can't believe school will be starting back soon either. Where did the summer go?!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your new jeep is fab! I love that little yellow table in your living room...don't change it! Isn't grilled cheese just the best sometimes? Angie xo