Sunday, August 28, 2011

Together ~


Together
A great place to be.

I needed a little something for over the sofa.
and last week I hung this decal.

I think that it is perfect!


Together.

We weathered the storm together and that was what was most important to me.

Irene packed quite a punch!
and as she waves a windy goodbye


I am thankful that we survived the hurricane with just a few bumps and bruises around the house.



A few shingles blew off of the roof,
The sun porch ceiling leaked,
 several pots fell over and bushes were battered
and obviously we have a rain spout that must be clogged up.
Otherwise,  we have electricity, a dry basement, and consider ourselves very lucky.



I've been in the mood for change lately.
I've said it before..  
I am pretty sure that it is the impending change of seasons that has me wanting new colors.

The other day, while at Lowe's hardware store 
 where I was supposed to be shopping for weather/window sealer
I found the groovy quart sized premade paint.
WTG Lowes ~ I love instant gratification.


This morning is used the paint to change the cabinet in the back from a teal blue to the olive green.
The photo really doesn't show the color very well.


Speaking of green..
Did I show you all these adorable owl napkin ring / place card holders?
Isn't it just adorable!
  

I can't wait to fill my baskets with pumpkins and gourds!

I hope that you have are having a great day
and those of you that are facing Irene
I hope that you are safe and dry.
Until next time.
xo






19 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

I'm glad you got through the storm safely. I love your decor, lovely bright colors and cozy.
Ann

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

You are in the 'Fall' mood already :-)! Glad to hear you came through the storm safe. It must have been scary.

Your couch looks great with the mirror and all those beautiful pillows!

Happy new week,

Madelief x

Karen said...

Great post, Leslie. It sure puts me in the mood for fall. Love your red sofa!

Country Dreaming said...

Glad to hear that the storm didn't batter you too much.
She was a busy one though.

I am ready for a change too. Saw mums and pumpkins at the store and
that put a big ol' smile on my face.

Take care.

Melinda

Brandi said...

glad you and your family are safe. love the paint color you chose. I'm counting down the days when i can start decorating for Fall too.

Lilly said...

I'm glad you came through the storm safely Leslie! That's a great decal, and those owls are really cute!

It's me said...

I am so glad you and your familly are ok......yeah !! thank the Lord !!...have a nice week darling...beatiful those letters on your wall...xxx...

Jemm said...

So glad it wasn't too bad for you guys. What a blessing to have your power.

Your living room is just the cutest. I love red with the blue and yellow. Your "Together" saying is such a neat idea. I love the red pillow on your couch.

Gina said...

I'm glad to hear you are safe from the storm. We just keep getting blasted with rain & high winds. The wall decal looks great & I love the owl napkin rings! They're so cute.

Sarah B said...

Glad to gear you are all safe! I was thinking of you the other day when I saw some lovely Halloween decorations online. I'm pretty sure it was a few posts back on the Miss Mustard Seed blog. Are you familiar with it? If not you should google it. Mostly it's about furniture makeovers. Talking about paint, how cool that you can get small jars of Pantone colour paint! X

Sam said...

Love the decal!

Sam

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Glad you made it through the storm okay! Your living room looks so pretty Leslie! I adore those owl napking rings...where did you find them? Angie xo

All That Glitters said...

So glad everything is fine for y'all!! Love the owl napkin rings!!
I love your couch too!

notes of sincerity said...

Good Morning Leslie. :o)
So glad you weathered Irene with little damage. We watched the weather channel quite a bit. :o)
You won my little give away. May I have your mailing address and will pop your goodies in the mail to you.
Have a super day. :o)
Sincerely. Trish

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I see a lot of lovely items, Leslie. That cute owl in the last picture makes me smile.
Have a happy Monday! Glad to read Irene has been kind to you xx

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Love the olive color paint. I am kinda ready for fall. It seems that Irene took out my beach so I'm bummed that this is the last week of summer.

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear that you fared well!

I love the decal you put up :o)

Mo 'Betta said...

Glad y'all were able to get thru Irene with minimal damage...my kids have been out of school all week due to down power lines, etc :P

BeachVintage.com said...

Hi Leslie, i am so glad that Irene left you pretty much alone, we have been seeing some terrible images on the news here about the destruction. Meanwhile your home is looking lovely and yes....together is all that matters to me too. X x