Saturday, August 27, 2011

                                          Boy, my coffee is good this on gray morning.
It must be the impending storm heading our way
Those nesting instincts kick in and for some reason everything tastes good.
Like when it snows,  It could just be a flurry and I am ready to clean and cook.
What is with that!


I've got all the essentials here to wait out the storm.

one very important thing:
This beautiful bouquet of flowers that I picked at the local nursery.

We all know that having fresh flowers is important.


The kitchen is awaiting use this morning.
Cakes, cookies, and a homemade pot of soup are on my to-do list.

Must have some goodies around the house
~ if the power goes out.


Who knows what will happen, how bad Irene will be..
We've got this old house battened down,
We've got plenty of food and water, 
The gadgets are charged,
I've got a few movies downloaded into my laptop
and we will all be home together ~



oops!
We missed a nail on the rain spout!   



The rain has lightly started
but I'm not ready to go inside just yet.



It's a breezy quiet morning
and I am trying to savor it.
The calm before the storm.



Good Morning Irene.
Be nice to my east coast friends.

Have a great weekend friends.
Stay safe!!!

19 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Stay safe Leslie and Family! We are visiting my family in NJ went and stocked up on wine and snacks we are good but my sisters house is surround by 100 year old trees. I'm nervous about that!

Lilly said...

Stay safe all of you!

I love the flowers in the Coca Cola bucket by the way.

Jemm said...

Pretty flowers :) I am assuming you're not in the evacuation zone. I hope you and your family stay safe Leslie. Take care.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you have a full day planned! For some reason I'm craving pumpkin pie... Hope the storm goes by quickly and smoothly:@)

Annelie said...

Leslie, I just love the flowers in that coca-cola bucket. Sooo cooool, love, love, love it.

My coffee is also so good in the morning, and I think like you that my nesting instincts kicks in when there is a storm brewing.
I was cleaning and doing laundry like you wouldn't believe it yesterday.
I should do like you and bring a nice bouquet inside. Perhaps hydrangea, they'll get ruined anyways.

Stay safe!

Annelie

zizi bloom said...

Love your blog!

Follow me if you like my blog and let me know it!
I'll follow you back. :)
zizi
www.zizibloom.blogspot.com

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Thinking of all the people on the east coast. Love your post!
Happy happy weekend, Leslie xx

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

I hope Irene will behave! Take care Leslie!!

Lieve groet, Madelief x

Julie Harward said...

Lets hope Irene stays far away and you guys are all safe as a bug in a rug! Love the flower s and the bucket! ;D

Karen said...

Be safe! Love the flowers and your cozy kitchen. It looks so warm and welcoming. A cup of tea at your kitchen table would be heavenly.

Heather said...

I just adore your flowers in the coke bucket! Glad to hear that you are prepared. Hopefully the storm won't be nearly as bad as predicted.

Country Dreaming said...

Sounds like you are ready for the storm.
I hope you don't have any problems!
Prayers and blessings for you and your family.

Take care and stay safe.

Melinda

Melanie said...

Stay safe! *hugs*

It's me said...

Thinking of you Leslie.....hope everything goes well.....love love from me...xxx...

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

We've had off and on showers all day and the wind is starting to pick up. I don't think it'll be too bumpy of a ride, and I hope your brush with Irene isn't either!

Stay safe!!

Sarah B said...

I have woken up this morning and have just heard at least 3 people have lost their lives. How awful. You make sure you all keep super safe my friend x

Katharine said...

Stay safe, hopefully it will not be too bad!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Oh! I want to wait out a hurricane at your house! Homemade cookies & soup! Yummy! Seriously...stay safe and I hope it bypasses you! Have a wonderful evening with your family! Angie xo

Debbie said...

Leslie, you are the best! I am happy you survived the storm. I hope you get things back to normal soon. Thanks for being my blog friend. What kind of soup? What time is dinner? LOL! Here is a hug for the day HUG