Sunday, July 31, 2011

Weekend fun


Hello Good Friends.
 Thank you all so much for the well wishes.

I am feeling much better now.
I have an amazing family here with me and that is what I focus on most
but then sometimes...
I stumble.


This weekend was the big Oticon convention in Baltimore.
What is that..
Oticon is a Japanese Animation convention in which people dress up like their favorite characters.
My oldest daughter Michelle used to drag me around these conventions when she was young.
I'm sure she is glad that she can go without me now
since I would laugh at the crazy costumes the whole time.

This year Michelle took her little sister.
Not only did she treat her to the $70.00 ticket
but she also made her  a cool costume.

They had a blast!!!


I wish I had a big sister like that!!
As they grow older the 7 year age difference between them matters less and less.

I am so proud of these sisters!



On Friday, after waiting 2 hours in downtown traffic
In 100 degree weather and no air conditioning..
I was totally exhausted by the time I made it to the Jeep dealership for my
scheduled "test drive" appointment.

Coming from the rough riding and hot 10 yr old Ford Taurus
The Jeep Compass drove like a dream..

It was the perfect fit for me.

I loved it!


and now it loves me!!



I hope that you all had a great weekend!!
Now that things have settled down a bit
I am looking forward to cleaning my house and relaxing with my favorite blogs.

Have a wonderful week!!!
xoxo




12 comments:

Gina said...

Your daughters are too cute & I agree, she is a cool older sister! Gotta love that.

Congrats on the new vehicle!

Katharine said...

Awesome sisters! Looks like they had a great time

Julie Harward said...

Such cute daughters, so nice that they are good friends. Did you get the Jeep? I had a Jeep Cherokee once, best car I have ever had! :D

It's me said...

What a lovely girls...just like their mom.....enjoy your week darling...have more fun !!....xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like the girls had a blast! Have a fun week:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Daughters costume is awesome! So cool that they are that close. I really like the Jeep Compass too still looking for a part time job so I can pay for it. I fear another winter here without 4 wheel drive will send me over the edge. Love your stickers/magnet of the pups! Have a wonderful Monday!

Melanie said...

Heeee! Your daughters are so cute! That is one mega-awesome costume too.

Country Dreaming said...

The gals look great!
Anew car is great too especially wiht air!

Have a great day.

melinda

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

Glad to hear you are feeling better :-)

Your girls look great. You have a very sweet elder daughter to treat her sister to such a special event. I hope they had a great time!

The test ride sounds exciting. Did you buy the car?

Lieve groet, Madelief x

Lee Ann said...

ooh the test drive sounds wonderful!

Your girls have given me hope for my own 7 year age gap siblings. My greatest wish is for them to be close when they are older x

Brandi said...

that's wonderful that your girls get along so well. my son and daughter are five years apart and they get along great too. thank goodness!! looks like they had a great time at the convention. you must be so proud of them.

Pumpkin said...

That was a really nice thing for her to do :o)

Love the doggy stickers! LOL!