Monday, July 25, 2011

uneventfull happenings and Lemonade cupcakes


Hi Friends!!!

I don't know about you all,
but I can not believe that we are in final week of July.

Another summer is flying by!

I've been popping in and out of the blogs this week
and it seems like everyone is enjoying summer ( winter for my Aussie friends)


There's been a whole lot of uneventful happenings going on in the spoonful house

We've been spending lazy hot days on the beach


and resetting the table ( again) with pretty sunflowers


I've been dreaming of turning this..


into this...


and this


into one of these..


I've been
learning to felt


and now I need to learn how to do it without breaking so many needles.


I've been enjoying reading one of my favorite publications


baking yummy cup cakes,


and taking care of a sick fishy


I've been watching the silly boys play fetch in the pool


And watching Princess Darla watch them...


Yep!
It's been a calm great week!

The extreme heat as subsided a bit.
Goldie the 6 yr old carnival fish is doing better.
We've been getting lots of use of the swimming pool.
and the cupcakes are going to work with me tomorrow.
( that's right girls ~  put your cupcake faces on!)

For those of you who do not work with me tomorrow..
Here's the recipe.


Taken from the Gooseberry Patch 101 cupcakes, cookies and brownies cook book

Lemonade cupcakes

1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed.
package of white cake mix
8 oz sour cream
3 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
3 eggs, beaten
2 T. Lemon Zest
Optional: Lemon drops

In a bowl, combine all ingredients except lemon drops.  Beat with an  electric mixer on low speed for 3 mins.  Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 22 min, or until a toothpick tests clean.  Frost with Cream cheese frosting, garnish with lemon drops
Makes 2 1/2 dozen

Cream cheese frosting

8 oz pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 t. vanilla
16oz pkg powdered sugar.

Beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Blend in vanilla.  Gradually beat in powdered sugar.



Have a fantastic Tuesday everyone!
xo


18 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Sounds like a great week to me...I love getting new cars! I guess I don't know what felting is, cute though. Love the dogs, each is so cute. And these cupcakes..oh my..they sound so wonderful!!! ;D

Gina said...

Looks like you've been keeping busy! Your tablescape is so pretty and I think it's awesome that you're learning to felt. Cupcakes look delish...thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pumpkin said...

Isn't needle felting fun? :o)

Donna said...

I am going to make those cupcakes!! I love it, as much as I love having friends way across the world...thank you for sharing your talents...and your passion.

Country Dreaming said...

Sounds like a great time!
Those cupcakes look so yummy.
I bet they will go FAST!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Melinda

It's me said...

The whole month july we have no summer here....it is cold and lots of rain....where is the summer???...please send it to Holland........love love Ria.....xxx.

LeeAnn said...

sounds like a perfect week Leslie, those cupcakes look yummy! x

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you've been having a great week and beating the heat quite nicely! Enjoy the cupcakes, they look great:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Doesn't get better than that.....what a way to enjoy the last of July! Cup cakes look delicious! Enjoy!

The Working Home Keeper said...

Oh, those cupcakes look so yummy!

Mary Ellen
The Working Home Keeper

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I've been out of town for several days and have decided that you've been busier than I have been! :-) THANKS for the recipe! I've been looking for something new to try and these look like just the what I've been looking for!

Melanie said...

You have been busy!! Sounds like a good time, except for the poor fishy. :(

It's Just Dottie said...

I would not call lemon cupcake uneventful!!!
Smiles. Dottie

BeachVintage.com said...

Those cakes are so sweet.

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I love all things citrusy and can never get enough lemon. They look delicious.

Deila said...

Princess Darla looks a bit miffed. That is so funny. We have two german shepherds, one loves water and finally the second one has learned to like it now, after watching.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

The cupcakes look delish! In my next life, I wanna be a dog that lives at your house! LOL! Angie xo

tammylovesdishes said...

Sounds like a great week. Those cupcakes look sinfully delicious!