Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thrift shop planter


I found this wicker plant stand at the Goodwill last week.
 Although  it looked a little rough
it is in pretty good shape for $10.00 


After reinforcing the bottom and pulling off some tattered peices
I took it over to the "painting chair" and added a few coats of a blue paint.


and added the word...






I would love to show you a photo of this stand filled with pretty flowers and trinkets.
There are so many things that I could put in there ~
but..
it's a little surprise for Grandma Spoonful.


I am going to rest my busy bee wings for a while
and enjoy a glass of blackberry wine
and hang out with Papa Spoonful.


Have a fantastic night everyone

10 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

nice going !!! love it..and i LOVE the blue color..i just painted a white rocker that blue...love it !!!!!

it's going to be so cute with flowers in it...

happy to stop by, my friend

kary and teddy
xx

Blondie's Journal said...

I love it! You really added a lot to it's personality and I am sure that any plant would love to call it home!!

Have a great evening with Mr. Spoonful!!

XO,
Jane

It's me said...

Nice !!...love ....xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute plant stand, I'm sure she'll love it! Have a great night:@)

Julie Harward said...

I love those old wicker pieces too..and I love the color you painted it! You have a good evening too! :D

Gina said...

I think it looks excellent...I think Grandma Spoonful is going to love it!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love it Leslie and the blue is fabulous! I would love to have this on my deck! Angie xo

Country Dreaming said...

I'm sure she will love it!

Happy Thursday.

Melinda

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous and such a great price! I have been looking for one for a while they are always near $100. Turned out great love the color!

Farmchick said...

Very cute.....it will look great!

Stop over and say hi sometime. :)