Thursday, July 7, 2011

Summer Blue


No, we didn't visit Sea World
and that is not Shamoo the whale.




It's Jello!


Today I made Papa Spoonful some of his favorite Blue Jello.
Years ago I found this idea for a Jello Ocean and my family loves when I make it.


Normally I make it in a large glass bowl.   Make the jello ( 2 packages of blue) as directed,
add cleaned sea toys and let set.
Once set you can add a few jumping dolphins, some crumbled waffers for land and whipped cream for waves.  It's an easy way to make your kids husbands smile.
This time I made some in single jars.




















Happy Thursday friends.
It is so nice hearing from so many of you.
Thank you for your sweet comments and messages.
I am excited about this giveaway..
I want you all to win!!


It is very humid here in Baltimore today.
I hope the weather is nice where you are.


I took this photo while on the deck this morning.
I love the distressed look of the garage in the background.
I wish the siding on our old house looked like that.
... But I also wish that I lived on Main street in a small town somewhere far far away from Baltimore.




Look who's peaking out of the window.


 Pearl and Sharky





While Pearl is watching Sharky,
Sharky is watching his mother..





This year we didn't plant the large pumpkin plants as we normally do.
They take over the garden and last year we only got one pumpkin.


We opted for the little tiny guys instead.
I started the seeds about a month ago and  last week we planted them outside in a large container.
I can't wait for them to take off!





Since it is big brother night ~  whooo hoooo
I need to get to those dinner dishes and clean up
... Because I know that I will be up all night!


Have a wonderful Friday!!

xoxo

12 comments:

All That Glitters said...

I know I will be up all night too! I can't wait hurry up 9:00! 24 mins for me!

Love your jello! I will have to make those for my boys! They would love that!

I still need to plant my pumpkins. I'v been lazy. I'm probably too late.

Julie Harward said...

Love that jello idea..cutest thing ever! Love the dog in the window too..wish you could come buy our place! ;D

Country Dreaming said...

Those look like fun!
I bet Pappa loved them.

Happy Friday.

Melinda

alwayzmakincake said...

OMG! LOVE that idea. My little one would love it. I'm going to do that. Thank you for visiting my new blog. :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

You are the fun Mom on the block....crafty and all! I wish I was your neighbor! Such a cool idea with the jello! Great pictures....hope your weekend is great and little cooler!

Sarah B said...

What a fun mum and wife you are! When I was little we used to have green jelly (jello) with chocolate frogs in them - I loved it.
You reminded me I have giant pumpkin seed to germinate soon. Your little ones look nice though :)

Heather said...

How cute those jars of jello are! Kids would love those!

texwisgirl said...

thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment! LOVE your sweet pups! God bless you and yours!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

cute little aquariums...my little nephews would really like them!!

All That Glitters said...

I wished we lived closer together!

Yeah! Dick left! I wanted to see him and Rachel get into it soooo bad!

Porsche the girl who thinks she is the hottest thing that walks the Earth is nominated and so is her partner that's a deacon and talks about women all the time! Yuck!

I hope he goes first.

I do need to get the feeds! I will look into that!

36 mins till BBAD! YAY!

Melanie said...

Too cute!!
We have plastic babies in King Cakes so why not a whale in Jello?

Pumpkin said...

That is SO cool!!!! I love your baking ideas so much :o)