Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thrifty finds, glitter mania and a whole lotta pictures

I went Goodwill/Thrift shop treasure hunting on Saturday
and boy oh boy... did I find some great surprises!!

The first thing that I found was a yellow and white polka dotted fitted bed sheet.
~ which I cut and made a super pretty table cloth out of.

I told you.. I love my polka dots!


I also found this shadow box style shelf.
Normally I wouldn't give this a second glance
but as soon as I saw it I knew that I could make great use of  it.



I also found this pretty picture that I am going to hang in the dining room.



Lastly I bought this yellow pail which is perfect for holding markers and pencils.


All of those new things made me want to clean and organize my porch.

There's the $2.00 table cloth again






Oh Wait..   I got distracted again.
I forgot to show you what I did to the shelf.



It received a burst of color....
and now proudly displays my craft paints and glitter.
( just look at the two shelves and you can see that I am truly a glitter-o'holic!)




One more time...


See this photo that is tucked into one of the shelves?
That is Sunshine, my old craft store boss.
He has long ago retired but will always remain the King of my craft room.


My little peg board holds a few cards and trinkets sent to me by wonderful bloggers~
They make me happy!


I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend.
Thank you for all of the Anniversary wishes ~  It was a fun day.

Have a fantastic Monday everyone!!!!!

I picked you all some pretty hydrangea's from my garden.
xoxo




linking up with Sundae Scoop , Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays and  Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
go check out some of the fun stuff going on over there.





  

25 comments:

All That Glitters said...

So much eye candy!!!! Love your new finds and redo's!!! That's a cute room!

Sarah B said...

Your new little shelves look fantastic - I especially love the colour. You have such a great caft nook with all those beautiful glitters and so on. How funny that we both posted our craft spaces today :)

Lilly said...

I love what you did with the shelf and all your little finds an the stores. And I also love all the glitter and ribbons that you've got, makes me want to create something! I just don't know what.

It's me said...

O my !! it looks all so good !! great room !! both !!...lovely week darling....xxx...

Formerly known as Frau said...

Great finds! Holy cow girl you don't waste anytime getting things done! Your new shelf turned out awesome and I envy your craft room! Have a wonderful Monday!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

LOVE the polka dotted tablecloth, it looks great! Cute new shelf and your craft room looks like a great place to spend some time-enjoy:@)

Katharine said...

Oh wow, I love that shadow box re-do! It looks great...You are the queen of organization! Your sunroom/craft space looks awesome!
Have a wonderful week!

Heather said...

I'm a polka dot fan too, and your tablecloth is adorable. The shelf looks great in your amazing craft area! I'm off to Michael's for supplies for my daughter's upcoming graduation festivities! You've inspired me! :)

Pumpkin said...

You are a genius Leslie!!!! I love seeing what you find and then what you transform it into :o)

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

What great finds and all of that fun storage! Jealous!

Gayle said...

You did well. My favorite is the bunny who came out of hiding in the last photo

Country Dreaming said...

Great finds!
Love the bucket, the shelf AND the tablecloth--soooo cheerful.
What a surprise to see my note to you regarding the Valentine Cards that you guys made on your cork board. Glad it makes yo happy.

Have a great Tuesday!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Leslie,
Love that cute tablecloth and now that was an awesome idea for that THRIFTY shelf...looks great!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Susan said...

Love the transformation on the shelf! That is a pretty table cloth for just 2.00!

dogsmom said...

Great choice of color for your new glitter cage. It looks so much biger filled with all your goodies. I like the yellow bucket too, especially for summer. Makes you fell creative.

I am just going to sit quietly in a corner and swoon over your crafting space.

Melanie said...

The more color the better I say. :)
Have a great week!!

Jemm said...

I am seriously coveting your shelf Leslie!! That is exactly the type of thing I've been looking for at sales lately. Old wooden stuff that looks 1000% better with spray paint! AWESOME!

How did you measure and draw a circle too cut out a round table cloth?

tammylovesdishes said...

Love that polka dot tablecloth! Great idea to make it from a sheet!!

I also like the display you have in your long red basket. Sweet.

You had a great idea for that shelf. It turned out wonderfully.
Tammy

Ana said...

Awesome treasure finds Leslie...And love, love, love your crafting space. I wish I had room for one. For now, my kitchen is my crafting space :-) Have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Julie Harward said...

You sure found some good things..love the table cloth too and it is so pretty with the reds and blues..good taste!

Exchange Hosting Service said...

Beautiful pictures!

mimbles said...

The paints and glitter shelf is gorgeous! And your crafting supplies are terrifyingly well organised :-)

Jenni said...

I love all of your finds! Your craft room is amazing! And that is so perfect how you both painted and found use for the shelf! I love the color. :) The sheet turned tablecloth is lovely, and just perfect for summer, I think!

I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday! :)

Blessings,
Jenni
{Beautiful Nest}

Pen Pen said...

Love your pic's... this is my first visit to you blog, but think I will be back often! Do you know I passed over a shelf like the one you featured in this blog post?? KICK MYSELF IN THE BUTT! I love it!!!

Kim@todayismysome-day said...

I have that exact same shelf (the brown one). I think it's a mini plate rack. I got it from Goodwill a few months ago, but I have no mini plates! I may use it like you did for my craft supplies! Enjoying your blog; came over via Nifty Thrifty at Coastal Charm.