Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The start of Summer

Good morning sweet friends.
What day is it... 
Actually I don't care what day it is.
How often can I say that.

As I type this I am  sitting on a balcony
I am sucking  ( a very slooooow) Internet service from my little palm pilot cell phone
and enjoying the gorgeous view of the Florida gulf coast.

The water just seems to go on forever!


Boy is it hot and humid!!!

We got here early yesterday
The flight was fun ~ a little turbulent but nothing that scared us to bad.
 Flying is just..  whats the word?
Cool!

We did some sight seeing

we saw some pretty birds


cool pelicans


We saw our dream house


and Paul's dream boat.


While we were out I received  good news from my doctor
that my most recent tests were good and that I don't have to go back until August.
Woot! Woot!

I just had another doughnut with my coffee
It's going to be a marvelous week!!!

The photo quality is pretty lousy since my lenses need cleaning
but I am going to share some more  pictures anyway.

The is the famous Don Cesar hotel
It is claimed that the place in haunted.
Some day we are going to stay there.


My silly girls doing their "what's up dawg" poses on the beach.






The sunsets here are amazing!!!



This morning we are off to buy another raft
and some odds and ends that we missed yesterday.
Then.. it is off to the beach.
..Where I can guarantee papa Spoonful will not leave his inner tube.

Happy first day of Summer!
Have a happy day everyone.
See you all very soon.


21 comments:

The Working Home Keeper said...

Gorgeous views! Happy Summer!

Mary Ellen

Lilly said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous! Have a great holiday! :)

Heather said...

Happy summer! Have a wonderful vacation...enjoy every minute of it! :)

Katharine said...

Gorgeous photos! I hope you have a fabulous time!! Relax and drink something long,tall,and cool for me would ya? Enjoy!

Blondie's Journal said...

Fun pictures, Leslie! Gosh, I wish I were there!! I'd have a couple of donuts with you!! Cute kids!

XO,
Jane

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Great pics, looks like a blast! Have fun:@)

It's me said...

Happy first summer day darling....love Ria....xxx...

Pumpkin said...

Looks like you're having a great time :o)

Country Dreaming said...

Wished I was there!
Beautiful sunset.

Have fun~!!!!!!!!!

Melinda

All That Glitters said...

Hey! Hey! Lucky lady!!! You have lots of fun! Love the what's up dawg pictures!

Julie said...

You are one lucky girl! What a view wish I was there! Have a good time!

Melanie said...

Have a great time, girlie!!!!!!
The photos are awesome. Ahhhhhhh, such a nice beach!

Julie Harward said...

Oh wow...have a great time..I can feel the warmth from there! ;D

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie, I am so jealous ;-)! Lucky you to be in sunny Florida. It's soaking wet in Holland.

Have a great holiday!

Lieve groet, Madelief

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i wouldn't mind being there with something cold and frosty in my hand either....

have FUN !!!!

kary and teddy
xo

Donna said...

the pictures are wonderful, but the news from your doctor is the best!!

Pamela said...

LOVE the gulf coast! It is truly beautiful! I would love to stay at that hotel one day as well! Continue soaking up the sun and having fun!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

great summer!!!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

What a wonderful family vacation...enjoy!!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

...simply enjoy! ♥♥♥

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

What great photos! I so need a vacation - me and my books and some sand. I guess my local beach will have to do.