Saturday, June 11, 2011

some summer fun

It has been a gorgeous hot week.
We've played in the pool, gone out on the boat, ate lots of watermelon and steamed shrimp, read some books, and hung out on the deck with friends.

How could I have ever claimed to be a winter person
when I so clearly love the summer time.


Sharky says..The water is warm.
Are you coming? 


You don't have to ask Stymie twice.




 

For as much as these dogs love water
They HATE  the water hose.

This is what happens when I try to fill their little swimming pool.


I swear that I am not purposely spraying Darla in the face.



ok.. so maybe I squirted her a little
on her butt!!!


ohhhh she is mad now!!



How about these cute flip flop cookies for a sweet summer treat.
I saw the idea online last week and thought that they were adorable.


You just dip some yummy peanut Nutter Butter cookies in chocolate
and use some icing to make the strap.


I made a bunch for our friends little boy who just graduated Kindergarten.
He will love this little summer surprise.
I filled a sand pail with bubbles, real flip flops, fancy luau cups
and the yummy cookies.


Speaking of fun
Last week I found a new favorite store.
Oh my goodness ~  I was drooling in the housewares department.
I am cheating on my boyfriend Michael
and I am in love!
There was a whole isle of knobs and drawer pulls.
There was so many to choose from that I couldn't decide.


So I bought a pile of them.


I painted the bread box green ~
And settled on the red knobs for the kitchen cabinets.



Heads are gonna roll!!
Who pushed that huge dent in the freezer door?!?!
Let me add to the to-do list.

Remember the pretty picture that I found at the Thrift store last week?


I hung it in the dining room.
I thought that the picture was to plain by its self so I added the hoe.


Look what I found at the Goodwill thrist store this week.
I loved this little end table as soon as I saw it.
I was hoping that after I gave it a makeover that it would make a good coffee table.


Here is the table now...
and although I love the makeover
I do not like it in the living room.


I found this cute little Betsy Ross music box.
It plays Yankee Doodle as the chair rocks.
First though, She needs a bath.


and I found this awesomer then awesome king sized Halloween dust ruffle.
Holy Jackpot!


The Goodwill Rocks!

oh..and those cute little polka dot knobs
~ I attached them to my funky sea green cabinet.


Have a fantastic Sunday Friends.
xoxo

ps.. I would love to know which of my potty mouthed family members did this!!

 hahaha

19 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You sure know how to have fun...I just love that! Love everything here..the dogs and the water, the cookie idea, so good and the knobs, what fun to do that to your kitchen..it looks great! :D

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I love all of your goodwill finds! Cool! I am surprised you don't have some sort of cute little swimming bloomers for the dogs! Lol! Love the colours in your kitchen! Angie xo

Katharine said...

So... When I come down in August, I think I need a trip to Hobby Lobby, those knobs are awesome! I will need directions! Love all the goodwill finds! Have a great Sunday!

Jean said...

What great finds. Love your knobs. They are perfect.

Melanie said...

What great finds!! Love the polka dot knobs to PIECES.

Lilly said...

I just love everything in your post! Your dogs are so funny. The cookies looks yummy. I want the knobs, they're super cute! And the table looks great after the makeover!

It's me said...

Smile from ear to ear today......what a lovely post...your cute dogs are crazy of water....and sweet cookies......o my...it is summer by you...here we have sun today...but it is not warm enough for summer...even for spring....happy weekend darling....enjoy....love Ria...xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Looks like you all had a great week! I HAVE to find a Hobby Lobby around here:@)

Kathryn D. Duke said...

your cookies are just about the most creative that I have seen...and so appropriate for summer...thanks for sharing!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Awesome goodwill finds! Love the flip flop cookies....gonna steal that idea! Hope your weekend continues to be fun!

Pumpkin said...

The dogs look like they're having so much fun :o)

Great finds Leslie!

The Tame Lion said...

Wonderful! Absolutely wonderful!
I wish I was one of the dogs.....

La said...

That little boy will love you forever. What a thoughtful gift.

I went to Hobby Lobby just yesterday. I spent $42, but I came out with 2 big bags of French decor for my kitchen makeover. FUN!

All That Glitters said...

Your hoe never looked better! A good hoe is always in need! lol!!! Really it looks good like that. I never would of thought to do something like that. I can't believe you've never been in HL! Your knobs look good on the cabinets. Holy smokes your fridge looks looks like a deer hit it!

Sarah B said...

It's so nice to see the dogs having so much fun! Aren't they adorable :)
X

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I so have to make those flip flop cookies! So easy! What kind of chocolate did you use that it isn't dark brown? Also, love all of those drawer pulls!

Heather said...

Leslie, what a fun post! I love the dogs, the Goodwill finds, and your knobs from Hobby Lobby! Don't worry, I won't let "Michael" know! However, I wish they would get some fancy knobs too, as I don't have a Hobby Lobby here!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Leslie,
Hop on over and grab my starfish featured button, because you have been featured at this weeks NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY!!! Love those cute RED knobs.

Blessings,
Linda

Catherine said...

your dogs are very lucky to have a swimming pool! love the cookies and all you created in your house, the knobs are very nice! thank you for your visit.catherine