Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Paper rockets and potato chips



How gorgeous are these?

Papa Spoonful came into the kitchen today, nodded over at the flowers and said,
"Mrs M***k?" 
 Referring to our old neighbor who's house is for sale and who's garden I often raid.
"Nope!" I reply.
"They are pretty..  where did you find them?" he laughs.
"Ummmmmm ... from the bush right next to our front door! "

BTW..
do you think he noticed my hair color..  lol
Men!


It's been great getting back to normal.
I really do love this time of year.
Although our vacation trip has come and gone
we are still having fun making plans for the summer.


As for now
we are planning for the 4th
what to do?
where to go?
what to cook?

We used to have huge parties with massive amounts of expensive illegal fireworks.
A few years ago we decided that we didn't want to do it anymore
and the past two years we've taken our boat out and just hung out on the beach.
This year we are going to have a small cook out with some of our neighbors.
Grill some steaks and burgers
hang out with our toes in the pool
...possibly light a bon fire and roast hot dogs and marsh mellows.

Sally and I got crafty in the kitchen making fun red, white and blue decorations.
We didn't use any templates
( which would be why there is no order to the shape and sizes)
We just started cutting, gluing, rolling, and glittering!





We made a bunch of these little paper firework rocket thingies.
and hung them from the pot rack to dry.


And while we had the glue gun loaded and hot
There was something that I have been wanting to do for a while...


Hot glue little pom poms to these red pillows.


Aren't they the cutest!!!!


And now.. after hanging the new pretty decorations up from the ceiling,
the sun porch is ready for a fantastic 4th of July celebration.




So much fun.


Since we are ready to celebrate..
I made Papa Spoonful one of his favorite artery clogging treats today.

Would you believe that his cholesterol level, blood pressure and weight
have not changed in 20+ years.

Sickening

I gained 5 pounds just looking at the pictures. 


... but they are soooooooooooooooo good.


Have you ever tried homemade potato chips before?

Delicious!!

Have a fantastic Wednesday Everyone!
xoxo

18 comments:

BeachVintage.com said...

Hi Leslie, oh how fun! I love the pom pom pillow. Have a great week next week.

Fishtail Cottage said...

What a fun post! i love the rockets & the chips look so yummy! xoxo, tracie

Lilly said...

Those chips looks yummy, I've never tried to make them myself before. I love the flowers and the cute rockets!

Chris said...

I love the rockets!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Omg.....your decorations turned out so cool...I love your sun room! Okay I didn't decorate yet ....it's not too late!
My hubby stats have stayed the same since we met 25 years ago....I on the other hand have been every size several times over. Sucks!
Your plans for the 4th sound fun, we are having small town fun here...parade cookout and fireworks!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Lovin' your fun, colorful rockets and a cook out with the neighbors sounds great-enjoy:@)

Mo 'Betta said...

That's so funny that the flowers were growing right beside the door!! Men.

Everything looks so festive, makes me want to go make some plans for the 4th, since I have NONE as of right now!

Heather said...

How CUTE those rocket are hanging from the ceiling! I really need to get my 4th of July decorations out. Thanks for reminding me!

Mrs. Cozy Home said...

GREAT rockets and love the sweet pom pom pillow!

Julie Harward said...

Looks like you guys are all ready for the 4th...have fun! Men, it isn't fair about the weight thing, we are the ones who need a break! But then, they don't notice the flowers do they?! ;D

Melanie said...

Wow! Look at the pink on those hydrangeas! That's awesome.

Man, it's been a looooong time since I made homemade potato chips. Or even 'fried' french fries. *sad* So so yummy though.

All That Glitters said...

you girls have the best time! Love your rockets! Y'all have lots of fun!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

All your cute works are lovely, Leslie The pompom cushion is adorable!
Have a happy day and a loveliest of weekends ahead ox xoxoxo

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
I always love how your decorate your sun porch...cute little rockets...sweet! And yummo...those home made potato chips look yummmmmy!


Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Love the rockets! So festive. Happy Birthday America!

Ana Degenaar said...

What a lovely blog. I'll be lurking around here for a while. If you'd like you can enter this precious giveaway. It's the last day to enter.
Warmly

Brandi said...

your decorations turned out so cute. i never had homemade chips, but your chips look delicious. hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th.

Pumpkin said...

Lovely flowers but great decor!