Thursday, June 30, 2011

.. in the real world

Hi everyone..
Happy Thursday!!

What a crazy day in the spoonful house.
What was supposed to be a  lazy day out on the boat
(after an early morning at work)
turned into the ~  Spoonful P. I. hour.

Our new driver was in an accident today
Thankfully, she is fine !!
..but her car sits banged up and motionless in a nearby parking lot.

The accident was not her fault... a car full of men backed in to her.
I don't know if it was her nervousness or lack of knowledge
but she did not call the police or take the tag number or even get the model of the car that hit her.

When we asked her what kind of car it was
she said, "RED"

The driver gave her his name, phone number and insurance information and left before Paul could get there.

 About that  insurance info..
FAKE!!!
just as Paul and I suspected!

After some snooping and driving around she and her dad spotted the car,
they took photos and got the tag number.

 now, thankfully it is all in the insurance companies hands.
It turns out that the guy has a  (REAL) policy with our same insurance company.

~ Hey dude who tried to pull a fast one on my daughter
I have one word for you..
Carma!


~ Breath, Smile and eat a cup cake ~

Last night I jumped on the bandwagon and made the new craze.
Cupcakes in a jar
and they are so pretty!

I used a box cake mix









For the 4th of July I am going to make some Strawberry shortcakes in a jar..
Yum!


One week from today starts me guilty pleasure.
Big Brother!

I confess that I am a reality junkie!
I love it!

Speaking of reality
I wanted to show you what is happening in my world.
In my bloggy world I would show you the pretty flowers and bushes that are flourishing in the front garden.

..But today, I am keeping it real
and at the moment my real world is this..


Mulberries, deflated pool rafts and dead plants on the deck.

Not many potted plants survived our weeks vacation
I have totally ( shamefully) been neglecting the back of the house..



It's a good thing that you all are the only ones who can see it!!

** Hanging my head in shame.

First thing on the menu is to get my deck and planters pretty again.

Meanwhile, How about another cupcake?

 

In between getting the deck back to it's pretty self
and putting together a patriotic menu
I am planning a fun giveaway to celebrate my next post..
The 300th post on this blog.

Stay tuned, I will give you the details next time.

Have a fantastic Friday everyone!!

xoxo!!




 

18 comments:

Julie Harward said...

LOL love the keeping it real part...and I love these darling cupcakes, fun idea! Yay for finding the bad guy, what a creep! ;D

Katharine said...

So glad nobody was hurt! What a jerk! Wow, you guys are good P.I.'s
Your cupcakes looke amazing, as usual you are soo creative. I love real! It is the only way to go!
Have a great weekend!!

Country Dreaming said...

Glad the "new driver" is okay. How scary for her.
She is lucky to have you two PI's
Hopefully things can be worked out.
Cupcakes are really cute. I like them beter than a piece of cake anytime.

Melinda

Lilly said...

I'm glad the new driver is okay, and that you found the car that did it and everything.
Those cupcakes looks yummy!

Alwayzbakin said...

My daughter is newly driving too. Scary! I'm glad your daughter is okay. Love the cupcakes! You should see MY front yard of dead plants.

It's me said...

That cupcakes look so nice in the bottle...oh your poor kid with her car...so sorry to hear.......enjoy a happy weekend darling...love Ria.....xxx...

Formerly known as Frau said...

Good lesson learned.....I'm going over what to do with my new teenage driver. Happy your PI investigation worked out....I love Carma!

cup cakes in a jar gonna have to try that one...looks so fun for the 4th! Have a wonderful Friday!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Glad your daughter is ok, it's always scary to hear that they've been in an accident. The cupcakes are really cute, would love to have one! Have a great July 4th Weekend Leslie:@)

Heather said...

So sorry to hear what happened to your daughter! I can't believe how dishonest people can be.

Love the cupcake in the jar...looks so yummy!

I'm a reality junky too...I watch all the Housewives, and I love Million Dollar Decorators!

Sarah B said...

Oh goodness, your poor girl! At least she is okay and it seems you have the situation well under control. I just dispise liars!
I love the bit of reality blogging with the pic of your deck. Sometimes blogland gets a little too perfect so it's nice to get a dose of reality!

Pierre BOYER said...

Lovely colored blog...
Regards,

Pierre

Mo 'Betta said...

So glad your daughter is okay! So scary, but how awesome that y'all were able to track the douche bag down that tried to pull a fast one on a young girl.

I'm lovin' the cupcakes! They look so cute in the jar and would make adorable little gifts. I'm pinning this on Pinterest as a reminder!

I LOVE Big Brother! Can't wait for it to start!

Deila said...

Well I have never seen those cupcakes like that. looks yummy. And thank goodness you found the name of the driver and his real insurance. I do believe in what goes around comes around.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

HELLO!!! THANK YOU for stopping by my blog!! I followed the crumbs to your blog and have loved looking around--I'm also going to follow you, because I'd love to get to know you just a bit better!! :-)

I LOVE the idea with the cupcakes, and I'm also glad that the guy who hit your daughter was found--I think he should have to pay extra for that!!! I hope you're having a nice weekend!!

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

love the real part too...

and the cupcakes look great !!!

happy to visit today, my friend

kary and teddy
xx

Ana said...

Oh Leslie,
I'm so glad to hear your daughter is okay...And even happier you guys found the guy...And he thought he was going to get away with it...Anyway, hope it didn't put too much of a damper on your 4th of July celebration.

Congratulations on your 300th post...Can't wait to see what your giveaway will be!

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

All That Glitters said...

aw man! I hate mean people! I'm glad she is fine.

Really excited for big brother! Jeff and Jordan is back! Dick too! Rachel ewwwwwwwww!!!!!!! is back too.

Cupcake too cute!

Pumpkin said...

That's terrible! I can't believe that people will do that. I'm happy to hear that you've tracked him down. I'm just glad your DD is okay.