Thursday, May 26, 2011

Y and Z

Hi Friends
Happy end of the week to you.
This weekend marks the start of summer ~ do you believe it!!!!
yeeeaaaahhhhh!!!
After that long winter and chilly wet spring
We are ready!!!

Here we go..  the final installments of May's A~Z


Y is for....
Yacht, since Papa spoonful and I took the yacht out for a cruise yesterday.





It was a beautiful sunny day
 and the only beach dwellers were us and the wild life.






Of course we spent most of our time  relaxing on our floats.
The water is very warm already!




The coolest part of the day was watching a Heron catch a snake.


Herons are such pretty creatures.
We always refer to them as the Jurassic Park bird
 ~ since they look prehistoric







On our way home we picked up a few dozen of crabs for dinner.


Yum!

The boat was great, the beach was nice and the crabs were fantastic
..... And it wasn't long before I was sound asleep
catching up on my ZZZZZZZZZZ's

It's been a nice May!!
Have a wonderful Friday everyone

10 comments:

Katharine said...

Those crabs look soooo good!
I am really looking forward to warmer weather, we are still in the wet, cool Spring phase...

Lilly said...

Beautiful pictures! I've never really thought about herons as a Jurassic Park bird, but you're right, it does look kind of prehistoric.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a great day! So glad you had a chance to take the yacht out for a spin-enjoy:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Your pictures make me long for summer. I love the herons on our lake...they do look prehistoric!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day, Leslie!

XO,
Jane

Julie Harward said...

I would love to do that..warm water sounds wonderful to me! We have lots of the Herons or cranes here..right out in the farm fields, one day I counted almost 75 of them! :D

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe you can get in the water already!

Happy Friday!

Melinda

Melanie said...

Perfect!!!
Have a great weekend!!

Sarah B said...

Oh you lucky thing, going into summer and getting out in the boat. How lovely, but it mean we are going into winter here!
I like Herons too. How about it catching a snake!
Have a great weekend! x

It's Just Dottie said...

I have really enjoyed all of your posts A thur Z and have looked forward to them.

Smiles, Dottie

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

How lovely it must be to have a yaught of your own and go cruising. The photo's look really relaxing!

Have a great weekend!

Lieve groet, Madelief x