Saturday, May 21, 2011

U is for...........


Guess what?
It's a beautiful day in Baltimore!
The sun is shining, the breeze is gentle and the temperature is warm,
and there is not a rain cloud in sight.

I woke up early this morning and made some yummy Strawberry Jam.
Wow..  Why didn't Y'all tell me how delicious the homemade stuff is!!!

U is for....

Ummmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Ummmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Ummmm!!!!


Ummm!!!!


Ummm!!


Fantastic!!!


This afternoon I took Selfie Spoonful and her BFF to a local Strawberry Festival.
 They played some games,
tortured some little kids on the moon bounce,
and ate cotton candy while we took in all of the pretty sights and sounds around us.






They picked lots of strawberries,
did lots of running from bugs,
and did a whole lot of laughing along the way!!



Before you question my mothering saneness 
I  gotta tell ya that she bought that shirt at the goodwill!

Really she did!  lol

These two 7th graders have been best friends since Kindergarten.
They are such sweet girls.


This was just to pretty not to take a picture of..


Dill pickin!


We took a hay ride on a wagon covered with strawberries


Passed some scary Halloween props


and traveled though a feild of Buttercups!


It was a wonderful day!

Since Elle Spoonfull had to work today
we got her plenty of her favorite fresh string beans and lots of strawberries.
I also picked up some cucumbers to make pickles.
Ummmm!!!


Have a wonderful weekend!!!!!


9 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

well...you know i LOVED everything about this post...LOVE strawberry jam...cute pictures of the girls...loved seeing all of it....and you're making pickles...love that too...

a girl after my own heart....

happy to visit today, my friend

kary and teddy

Deb said...

That was a fun post. Love the photo of the 2 girls. Love that you made your own jam. I'll be doing that soon. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

You'll be spoiled now, nothing is as good as homemade jam! Looks like a great day and the girls had fun:@)

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like a lot of fun! What a beautiful day! Melinda

Sarah B said...

Oh yum, what a wonderful day! I love fresh strawberries but those beans look delish too!
I agree, homemade jam is the best!

Lilly said...

Homemade strawberry jam is the best! I love the pictures you've taken :)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow that is my kind of day!! Great shots and great haul of fresh goodies! Your strawberry jam looks delicious suddenly my jar of smuckers just looks non appealing this morning!!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Mo 'Betta said...

UMMMMM is right!! I love homemade strawberry jam. I've never made it, but my MIL does and it's soooo good! Looks like a great day!

Melanie said...

YUM.
I've never made my own strawberry jam but I used to work with someone who give me a couple jars every year. So so so good.