Friday, May 20, 2011

T and S are for...

T is for..
Treasures

Of course we all have things that we treasure.
Some of my most valuable treasures are my beautiful little family, the wonderful memories of those past and present, Our 1990 wedding video, trinkets that my girls have made for me,  old love letters written from Papa Spoonful,  the necklace that my mom wore, the new blog book and one of my most valued treasures is
this funky "granny square" pillow.


This pillow and I have a long history.
It has been around ever since I can remember.
It belonged to my grandparents and it is impossible for me to think back at those Saturdays night sleepovers and not think of curling up with this pillow and my Pop.
For whatever reason
I always loved it.

See that rosy cheeked little girl
That's me sitting with my favorite pillow, posing with my grandparents English Springer Spaniel.
That is Thunder Bolt and like me, he was my grandparents pride and joy.




I can't believe that Sunday makes 9 years since my grandma passed away.
Having been her granddaughter and having her in my life for over 30 years was a treasure of it's own.

Since my mom passed away soon after my grandma it was up to me to go through my grandma's belongings.
While sorting through some of her things I found my pillow in the bottom of her linen closet.
It was one of the only things that I kept.

Even though it has been washed a thousand times
I swear.. when I pick that pillow up and inhale deeply
I can still smell the house that gave me such wonderful memories

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

S is for...
Sorry that I missed this post!

I had planned on doing a post about the recent Strawberry treasures that I found at the Goodwill
But it was a busy day and before I knew it
It was 10:00 pm and I was sound asleep in the chair.

Wanna see the strawberries anyway...

I found this kitchy clock for $5.00
I put some batteries in it and it works like a charm.


This sweet strawberry pitcher was $1.00



And this great shelf (with the strawberries and daisies painted on the bottom)
I found for $2.00



Today, I think that I will make a strawberry shortcake with lots of fresh berries and sweet whipped  cream. 

Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
xo





8 comments:

Lilly said...

I love the pillow, it's always nice to have something like that to remind us of past times, places and people.

The strawberries are really cute too, I especially like the jug and the shelf. Matches your "R" post as well!

Have a nice U day tomorrow!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Such great treasures! I just got back from 3 barn sales and I just love finding treasures that way. I swear I live in Garage sale mecca! Love what you found at good will and your Grandma pillow well your kids will be fighting for that treasure some day. Have a wonderful weekend!

Melanie said...

I love these posts and will be sad to see them go when you work your way up to Z. :)

Country Dreaming said...

Funny how certain things or objects mean so much to us.
It is great that you were able to find this.
Love you strawberry treasures.

Have a super weekend.

Melinda

BeachVintage.com said...

I love that the pillow still smells like that. Amazing story.

All That Glitters said...

Your pillow reminds me of my great grandma too! She made lots of throws like that!

Catherine said...

I wish i had so nice rememberings.Wishing you a happy weekend

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Love a girl with lots of cookbooks!