Sunday, May 29, 2011

Happy Memorial Day


Happy Memorial Day!
To all of the service men and women and their families..
past and present
Thank you for all that you do to keep our country safe.



I hope that you all are having a great weekend.
It's been pretty quiet around here ...
Elle spoonful has been working a lot and Selfie spoonful is out of town for the weekend
It's too darned quiet!!!!

It's a good thing that he is on vacation because Papa Spoonful and I have been busy with our to-do lists.
Finishing the gardens,  fixing the cars, grooming the dogs, cleaning the house, installing the air conditioners,  watching racing,  enjoying fantastic crab cake dinners, Fixing the leaky spickets,  replacing  and fixing the many broken gadgets, opening the pool(s)....

We usually have a good time regardless of what we are doing.
He makes me laugh  ~ a lot!
We laugh at each other ~ a lot!
...which is probably why we've been married for so long.

Look what I planted yesterday!
I decided that I wanted to try something different this year.
I am soooo excited!!  :  )


~  There was a lot of splishing and splashing as finally opened the pool ~




The boys love to swim and Sharky thinks that this baby pool is a tease.

We opened the real pool today and surprise..
The water is green!
Yuck!

Look at what is living in my neighbor's awning.



How sweet they are!


Have a wonderful Monday!!!!
xoxo

15 comments:

Country Dreaming said...

You guys ARE busy bees! Love the dogs in the pool!

Have a wonderful holiday Monday!

Melinda

Lilly said...

I love the picture of the dogs on the pool!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Happy Memorial Day Leslie-have fun:@)

It's me said...

O Leslie..your sweet dogs !!! so cute !!..nice new banner !!...lovely day...xxx...

Mo 'Betta said...

The dogs in the kiddie pool are too funny! I miss having a pool so much, hopefully it won't take much to clear yours up! I like your header, I've been thinking of changing mine up too. Happy Memorial Day!!

Becky said...

What a great weekend you are having. And the look on Sharky's face ... regarding his pool ... he is not happy :) Have a wonderful day. Here's to barbeques and sunshine, volleyball and lemonade, laughter and flags :)

Alwayzbakin said...

Love YOUR header! ;p Sounds like you guys are getting a lot done around your house. Vacations are the greatest. I have to tell you, your dogs are so darn cute!!! Have a Happy Memorial Day!

Pumpkin said...

LOL! Love the pictures of the dogs :o) It looks like they're having so much fun.

Awwww! New life :o)

Hope you're having a great holiday weekend.

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Happy Memorial Day to you too! Warm, rainy and very sticky here in NY.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

I hope you are enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day, sweet Leslie!
Have a wonderful rest of the week too o xx o

Madelief said...

Dear Leslie,

You sound so happy! I hope you had a lovely Memorial day?!

Lieve groet, Madelief x

Prairiemaid said...

Leslie, thanks for stopping by! I always look forward to a visit from you.

Your fur kids look excited to have the pools open for business! ;)

Our pool was icky green too. We had to use the power washer on it. Better than scrubbing by hand. The boys had it done in no time.

Have a blessed week my friend!

La said...

Sounds like a very busy weekend. I had a fairly quiet weekend and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Have a great week!

All That Glitters said...

I love your decorated tree!!! I didn't get to decorate my porch this year. I got really bad sick on Sunday and just about died it felt like it anyway. I bet they do love that pool! We are going to try and grow pumpkins this year too. I hear that's a hard thing to do.

Melanie said...

Heeeheee! The pics of the doggies crack me UP. What fun they were having. :)