Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rushing through Easter wrinkle free





Hi Friends.
Happy Spring.
I hope that everyone had a safe and happy Easter.
Thankfully the storms have passed and the weather is beautiful here in Baltimore.

I pray that all of my friends down in the southern states are safe.

It has been a great busy week ( few weeks) here in the spoonful house.


On Good Friday we spent the evening with the rock band Rush.
It was Selfie Spoonful's first concert.. and like her older sister and her father
She loved it!
We all had a great time!!
These photos are for my cousin in law's ..
( we were thinking of you ~ enjoy)






Saturday night was spent getting ready for the Easter bunny.

We had some fun dying eggs.





And Easter Sunday was filled with family, friends, great food and lots of glorious sunshine.

 

The girls were surprised to find the Disney World tickets in their Easter baskets!!!!




Other then having a great Easter weekend...
 I have been working on my new romance novel.
spring cleaning.
Trying out new recipes.
Going to Weight Watchers.

The other day Selfie Spoonful and I went to the movies to see Water for Elephants.
LOVED IT!!!!!
I read the book and I thought that the movie did a great job following the storyline without being to dark.
Plus.. I love Rob Pattinson!


Speaking of the young handsome English Robert Pattinson
... 
I am sooooooooooooo excited for the Royal Wedding.
I wish William and Kate a very happy life together!!!!

 

I have to show you this...

This is me a few weeks ago.
It is not a great picture but it did capture something that drives me crazy..
My brow wrinkles..
They are the first thing that I notice when I look into the mirror.
I hate them!!
I have had them for a long time.. since I constantly drawl my eyebrows together.



A few weeks ago I received my first Botox treatment to stop the "frowning"
and some juvederm to fill in the wrinkle.

And now, I know that it probably sounds vain
but I feel like a million bucks!!!!

I am sooooooooooooooooo  not one of those woman who will grow old gracefully!


Have a fantastic weekend everyone!!!
Stay safe and Thank you for waiting out my dry spells.


7 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Such beautiful eggs...and I want to see that movie too, heard good things about it. Yay for tickets to Disney world..awesome! Botox..you are braver than me, I am such a baby and recently had a spot of skin cancer removed, that required many needle pokes..hated it! Last night on the news, I heard that Botox can cause one not only to not be able to have normal facial expression but also now they are saying to not be able to feel normal emotions. Maybe this is for over users, like everything else over used!

Katharine said...

Nice pictures!! My husband says thanks for thinking of him! So glad you enjoyed the concert and your Easter!

Jemm said...

Leslie, you goofball, you look great! Before and after. I've been having dry spells lately too, so no worries.

It's me said...

What a lovely post Lesley......but...to be honest...you look nice before and after !!!...lovely day enjoy the wedding....love love Ria...xxx...

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter and the eggs look very colorful!

Great pictures of the concert :o)

I saw Water For Elephants too! Although I did like the movie (and Robert) I still say the book was SOOOO much better :o)

Jacque said...

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit! Yes, the wedding was splendid! The media did such a good job of reporting--I almost felt like I was actually there. Maybe it was the ring and the tiara..LOL

Hope you have .a wonderful weekend. Please visit my blog whenever you have the time

Melanie said...

Looking good!!!! If it makes a big difference to you, I say do it. Life is short so why not? Getting a little Botox is a far cry from looking like Joan Rivers. :)