Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy 20th Birthday

On this very night
20 years ago..
Papa Spoonful and I were about to become parents for the first time.
Sweet baby M ( miss teen spoonful) was born 12:04 am
..  She was born on the 4th minute of the 4th day of then 4th month.

I just can't believe it has been 20 years.
She has brought us so much joy..
from those first steps, the Barney years,  Happy Meal lunches, Cat collecting, Kindergarten graduation, Toby's secret club, Beanie baby mania, Fishing with dad,  Rugrats and Catdog cartoons,  Guitar lessons, Middle school graduation, Jurassic park movies,  Proms, Art  shows,  High School graduation,  Learning to drive, her recent college honor society induction,
to.. I could go on forever. 
~ She has absolutely blessed our lives with love, pride, knowledge and laughter.


Since we are all busy on Monday with work, school and clubs
we had the birthday celebration yesterday.

We enjoyed a great dinner and had many delicious treats to choose from.

Selfie spoonful and I had to drive to downtown Baltimore
 to the fantastic french bakery Patiserre Poupon to get these fancy macarons.

They are Miss Teen Spoonful's favorite!
She was pleasantly surprised.


I made a strawberry shortcake
and Miss Teen Spoonful made a lemon poppy seed cake

Here she is earlier making her cake.





Papa Spoonful lighting the candles..


She LOVED that we put the candles on the macarons.


as Marie Antoinette once said, Let them eat cake!


Miss Teen spoonful's cake was delicious!



Present time was fun..
She received many nice gifts and lots of cash


but her favorites were ....

This is portrait of herself created with Prisma colored pencils


And this incredible Sushi trinket box
both handmade by her little sister.


The box says Sushi Time..
The chopsticks and things on the top were made from polymer clay.
oh... and that is real rice.


What a special little gift!

It was a great celebration!!!
Happy 20th Birthday!!

Now that she is 20 ~ what shall we call Miss Teen Spoonful?? 

As for these final hours of this fun weekend,
I am going to fight Darla Lewinsky for my chair..
put my feet up,
 reflect and offer thanks to all that is good in our lives.



Have a fantastic week.

18 comments:

Sarah B said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Not-so-teen Spoonful! The food looks so yummy!

Lee Ann said...

Happy Birthday to your girl!! The cakes all look delicious xx

It's me said...

It looks like a great party !!....happy birthday for your daughter !!! and you too of course...what a delicious cakes !!....happy week ! love Ria....xxx...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you all had a great time-enjoy:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy Birthday to your amazing young lady spoonful! All the yummy treats....I hope you all had cake for breakfast too. Hope she has a special day.

Peechee of Candy Cake and Crafts said...

Awww...you made me cry reminiscing about the times experienced when she was smaller. Sniff. Sniff. Makes me think of my 18yr old now and when he was tiny.

Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl. I know she's 20 but she'll always be your 1st baby girl even when she's 60 years old.

Pumpkin said...

Happy Birthday to your DD! Looks like a great celebration and I'm drooling over all that yummy looking food ;o)

Love the sushi box! LOL!

Freckled Hen said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! The cakes and cookies look delicious, I hope she had a great day!

Catherine said...

A very happy (belated) Birthday to your daughter. I had my two children's birthday this month.Time passes quickly (23 and 26...!)

Jemm said...

Happy Birthday to Miss Teen Spoonful! Wow. A 20 year old. My youngest turns 10 on Friday. It is freaking me out, kind of. I can't believe how quickly time flys. Looks like she had a great family celebration!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Happy happy birthday!!

The treats look very goooooood xxxx

Country Dreaming said...

Wow multiple cakes!!!
This is my kind of party!
Congratulations to 20 great years and more to come!

Happy Birthday Ms. Spoonful.

Melinda

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday to her!!!! :)

Mmm....macarons. No one around here sells them fresh but I get the frozen ones from Trader Joe's and they are heavenly.

Katharine said...

I'm so sorry I am late reading this! I was busy with daughter#3's b-day on the 4th! Happy Happy Birthday to M! I hope this start of "adult" years is wonderful for her and that she is blessed this year with all her heart longs for!!

MessyMissy said...

Happy Birthday to your Daughter!! I'm loving the picture of Ms. Darla Lewinsky.....I've got a Boston Pup just 8 months old. Actually going to post about her (and my 1/2 persian "Danny" today). :-)

Mo 'Betta said...

awww, happy birthday! my oldest is now 10...I'm sure 20 will be here before i know it! my youngest turned 3 on April 8!

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
Sounds like you all had a wonderful time...A very happy be-lated birthday to the birthday girl. Tons of birthday blessings.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

Pam said...

Happy belated birthday to your daughter! It looks like you had a fantastic celebration and the sushi trinket box looks so cute.