Thursday, April 21, 2011

Getting ready for Easter, Lemon Potato Salad, and a root canal

Good Gosh!! 
It has already been two weeks since I last posted.
Things are great, the weather is finally breaking, the flowers and trees are in bloom and life is good!




~*~

It's a bunny overload!!!
We're getting ready for Easter and I think that everything is in order.


How cute are these?!?





Now, it is time to get the house ready and spend the weekend baking delicious desserts.

~*~

I made a fantastic Potato salad the other day...
It tastes like a warm summer day!

I got the recipe out of Mitch's cookbook ( aka Miss Teen Spoonful)

This Veggie Kid cookbook has a lot of great ideas ~
even for 20 year olds.




Potato Salad with Egg and Lemon Dressing

2lbs potatoes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 hard boiled egg
1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, crushed (optional) ~ I didn't use the garlic
finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Peel, rinse and boil potatoes for about 20 minutes, drain and cool.
Cut the potatoes into dice and mix with onion in a bowl.
shell and chop egg and add to bowl,
Combine the (garlic ..if using), lemon rind and juice, stir into mayonnaise.
Fold in the chopped parsley and add lemon dressing to potatoes.
Gently toss to coat.  
Ready to serve!



~*~

The next few days will be a little busy but fun.
well, it will be fun AFTER today's scheduled ROOT CANAL!
Oouch!
Atleast it is scheduled later in the day so that the whole day is not wasted.

This morning the girls and I are getting our nails done pretty for Easter.

This weekend Papa Spoonful, the girls and myself are all going to a RUSH concent.
It will be Selfie spoonful's first rock concert.  She's going to love it.  Both girls love thier dad's favorite rock band.  Me, well.. I don't mind, but I would much rather be going to a Keith Urban concert.  YummY!
Well friends.. I've gotta get dressed and make a run for it.  We've got lots of fun stuff to cram in before the dreaded dentist appt.
Have a great day.



11 comments:

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sign me up for everything except the root canal:@) Happy Easter!

Katharine said...

So glad to see you my friend, I was starting to worry! My husband would love love love to be going with you to Rush!(He will be envious when he hears!) The salad looks yummy as do all your treats! Have a wonderful weekend~ Happy easter to all of you!

Heather said...

Glad to see that you are doing well. Have fun at the concert and good luck with the root canal. I just hate dental work!! :)

Pumpkin said...

I'll take a few of those chocolate bunnies please :o)

You know, I'm NOT a fan of the dentist but my root canal wasn't as bad as everyone put it out to be. Hopefully yours won't be either.

Happy Easter!

Blondie's Journal said...

The salad looks wonderful, Leslie...I am definitely going to try it. I love lemon in anything!

Good luck with your root canal...I don't envy you!

XO,
Jane

It's me said...

Hello.....yammie things today.....nice you are here !! ...happy easter weekend....love Ria....xxx...

Julie Harward said...

I just went to the dentist today for 3 things..it was great, I think I just found my new guy! LOL Cute Easter post here..love it all :D

Melanie said...

Have a great time at the concert! :)

Sarah B said...

So many yummy things! I love the look of the potato salad but I'd have to add in the garlic. Yum!!
I hope the root canal goes ok. I have had a few and whilst they're not fun, so long as you have enough pain relief, you don't eel a thing (apart from credit card pain!!!)
x

Annelie said...

I have also found that some cook books for teens, or even younger, are actually really good.
First when I heard lemon potato salad, I thought, that sounds weird. But then when I read the recipe I thought, maybe not so bad.
Root canal sounds bad though, really bad.
Hope you're okay.

Annelie

Jane @ Going Jane said...

I especiallylove the bunnies, Leslie!!