Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy valentines day



Hi Friends.
I have missed you all!!!

What a ugly few weeks this has been.
Today is the first day in  10 days that I haven't woken up in pain.
Sure, I still have the aches.. but the stabbing pain is gone.
Sheeeeesh
I can walk!!!
Thank you god!

It was horrible. 
Nothing drives me more insane then sitting still.
I'm a busy girl..  always on the go
and always doing something around the house.

I did some Internet shopping last week.
I did some grocery shopping online
I bought Papa spoonful's Valentines gift
and I created a blog book.. which I am waiting for
( I am so excited to see it in person)
l
Other then that.. I read a lot of magazines and drank many many cosmopolitans!

My new camera was delivered last week..
and it is amazing!! 
I tried to register for a  class ~  to learn how to use it ~at the local CC
but they are all full this semester.



Since Papa Spoonful had to work today
We celebrated Valentines this weekend.

Friday night we had dinner at our favorite place
and after a delicious crab cake, too many Cosmo's and a numb back
I was tooo excited and gave him his valentines gift.

This Milk Chocolate Monster!


And two tickets for the Dover 400 nascar race.


I wanted to spoil him a little ...
He takes great care of us.

I wasn't really expecting a big gift..
flowers would have been wonderful

~ but this..   IS AMAZING!!!!




The Rebel was awesome before..
but now look at it.



And now I really need to find lessons!

I had to play with it last night and here are lots of doggie photos.















Thank you all so much for the prayers and well wishes!!!!!!!
I really appreciate your kind  thoughts.
Hope that you all had a fantastic Valentines day.






21 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Lucky lady with a new camera! Some good shots here too..glad you are doing better! :D

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Hey Leslie, glad you're feeling a bit better! How cool are those Monster Mile tix, hope you'll be using the second one! Imagine the fun pics you'll get with that great new camera:@)

Jemm said...

Oh, I envy you. I remember the giddy feeling I had when my rebel arrived. Still need to take that class too. Too bad we don't live closer, we could take it together.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Deb said...

You got a wonderful gift! I hope you're feeling better soon.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

So happy to hear that you are doing better. What a fab present you put together! And my goodness...you sure were busy for being "laid up"! Way to go, girl! Happy ♥ day!

Karen said...

Glad you're feeling better. Time to play with your new present! What a beauty!

Heather said...

I am glad that you are feeling better! Have fun with your new camera. It's going to be exciting to see all your great photos!

Catherine said...

Nice to see that you are better. you are lucky to have a new camera, you are going to take lots of pictures for your blog!

Annelie said...

Great that you're feeling better.
Nice to have a day where you can get things done (without leaving your chair).
I am so excited for you. I am in process of getting a new one myself and I think I know just how happy you are.

Hugs

It's Just Dottie said...

So glad you were able to enjoy Valentine Day with your guy. I so want a camera like yours.
Smiles

Freckled Hen said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, back pain is the worst! Your Valentine's Day looks like it was splendid, have fun with yiur new camera!

It's me said...

What a beautiful gift !! o my...more doggie pictures please !!! loooooovvvvvveeeee them !!!! o so sweet post......love you.....love Ria........xxx...

Melanie said...

Glad to see you are feeling a little better. *hugs*

Sounds like you had a nice Valentine's, despite the pain. I would have loved the lens *OR* the race tickets. lol I've always wanted to go to that track. That one, Daytona, and Bristol are on my wish list. (I've been to Vegas and, well, the NH one is obvious because of how close by it is.) He'll have a great time, I'm sure!

Susan said...

Welcome back, glad you are feeling better. Love the new camera. I have a Canon, but not a fancy one. Some day when I grow up, I want a fancy one.
Blessings, Susan

Alwayzbakin said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Sounds like you and your hubby had a great V-day. We did too! Awesome new camera. And as always, I LOVE LOVE your doggies.

Katharine said...

So glad you are feeling better, I was getting worried... Your camera is fabulous!!! Have fun!

Country Dreaming said...

Glad to hear that you are doing better! So sorry that you had such a rough time.
I don't know if you have read any of Dreaming but wanted to let you know you were mentioned and thanked for your lovely cards.
Mr Ken and I got them deliverd to a drop off site and then we saw on the news that all the cards had been deliverd to the hospital.
The kids were having a great time!

Thanks again to both of you.

Love the doggies.

Melinda

Julie said...

I'm glad your starting to feel better!

Wow what a great camera, I really need to get a new one!

Cute puppies!

Nezzy said...

I'm sure glad to hear your feelin' better girl. I have to say I'm turnin' all kinds of shades of green here. Your new camera is the bomb!!!

It sounds like ya'll did Valentine's Day up right!

God bless ya and have a marvelous day sweetie!!! :o)

Pumpkin said...

The Canon is a great camera and you'll love it once you get the hang of it :o) I have the 50D version which is the lowest professional edition.

Peggy H. said...

Hope you are feeling well. A new camera should perk anyone up. What kind is it? I am looking for a new one, not just a little dinky digital that takes passable photos. LOL

Have a great day.

Peggy H.
www.neverenoughstash.blogspot.com