Friday, February 4, 2011

4th day of Love... I would love to stand up and walk

On this 4th day of  Love
I celebrate my husband
the one person who can make me laugh when I am in the midst of a break down.




I just wanted to send you guys a message that I am out sick.
Actually.. not sick at all.
I am in back pain like I have never felt.
I am so miserable.. I just wanna play with stuff!!!!

Remember all of those calories and abs that I was building and burning while shoveling all of that heavy wet snow.   It has come back to haunt me.

I've had a back ache all week.. nothing that I haven't had before,   but then the other night after sitting at the main computer for a while ( working on my awesome blog book)  I couldn't move.

I spent the day in the ER yesterday and came home in the same pain.   Each step I take feels like a knife stabbing me in the lower back/ tail bone area.  I literally just fall to me knees.  They sent my home saying that it most likely a pulled muscle and gave me three medications.   I'm not into taking medications, I hardly even take a Tylenol ~       but I am taking these.. and I don't feel any different..  well, maybe just a little woozy.

I am so sad.   I feel like a lousy mother at the moment.  First,  it is Catholic schools week and today is open house for Selfie Spoonful's school ~  all of the parents will be there but hers.  I told her that she could skip but she still wanted to go.  Normally we do school lessons together and artwork.. it's a lot of fun!    Papa Spoonful can't go either because he is taking Teen Spoonful for her license today.  ~ yet another thing that I am going to miss. : (   Keep your fingers crossed!!

Sorry for the lack of Valentines..  I have some good things that I wanted to work on and share.   Maybe next week.
Have a fantastic weekend.
Thanks for listening.

Melinda..  I did send those cards priority mail on Wednesday,  you should receive them by Friday ( today).
Sally and I loved making them.  : )

23 comments:

Katharine said...

Oh, Leslie I'm so sorry! If I was closer, I'd bring you dinner, or go with Selfie to school, or something!! I hope your back heals soon!! ((Hugs))

Pumpkin said...

Leslie, you have to be more careful! Winter is such a dangerous time of year for a lot of people. I hope your back gets better soon ((((HUGS))))

Don't feel badly that you're missing things. I'm sure your family understands :o)

Deb said...

I hope you feel better soon. Get lots of rest. I'm sure everybody knows you're not well enough.

Heather said...

Leslie, I am sorry. It is so hard when the mom of the house is not feeling well. I hope that your back gets better soon! Keep us posted.

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm so sorry, Leslie...I can identify. I hurt my back pulling my luggage through the airport a few years ago and it came upon me all at once a few days later. I was flat on my back for a week. Try to stay still and don't agonize over the things you can't do...there is always another time. You are a GREAT mother!

XO,
Janie

It's me said...

O my dear i am so sorry to hear this from you !..i hope you feeling better soon....and you are a good mom !!! never say that again........!!...and did she get her license??? tell me??? love love love Ria...xxx...xxx...xxx...

Melanie said...

Ugh. Sounds terrible. :(
I hope your back gets better soon. *hugs*

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sorry to hear you hurt your back, this has been a difficult winter! Take care, I hope you feel better soon:@)

June said...

It's all that damn snow. I hate shoveling, my back hates when I shovel.
Sorry you are hurting, hope you heal real quick. And I am with you, I don't do prescription meds.

Get well soon!!

Jean said...

Hope you're back is better soon.

Sheri said...

How awful! I hope you are feeling better soon. It is no fun being in so much pain.

It's Just Dottie said...

I am so sorry. I said a prayer for you today.
Dottie

Karen said...

Leslie, so sorry to hear about your back. I've had back issues in the past and it just stinks! It can be so debilitating, just as you're experiencing. Give it time, and I hope you feel better really soon.

Fishtail Cottage said...

oh, no! Sorry about your back! I just told my husband to remind me how excited i was to start gardening again when i complain of my back hurting. There are days i over do it & i'm hurting for days! Sorry - take it easy w/a warm bath!!! xoox

Sarah B said...

Oh gosh, I hope you feel better real soon!

Julie said...

Well that's a pain in the back!! I hope you feel better soon.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sucks.....I hope your back feels better soon. Have you tried sitting on a tennis ball moving around then switching sides....its suppose to help the sciatic nerve.

Candy Cake and Crafts said...

Hey Leslie!

I am so sorry about your back. I SO know how you feel about not being able to get crafting. My thumb is still in pain - almost a month now but it's getting a little better. I'm praying by next month I should be good to go.

As for your back, you should try going to a massage therapist. My bro is one and when I hurt my back before, it helped. I feel for you girl. Get some rest!!

Alwayzbakin said...

Oh no! I hope you feel better. You are NOT a bad mom. You can't help it. I cannot stand it when I'm stuck laying down and I can't do anything. That's the worst. You will get better soon. xxoo

Nezzy said...

Bless your heart!!! Backpain is no stinkin' fun. Take care of yourself and feel better. Sendin' healin' prayers your way sweetie!

God bless and rest, my friend...rest!

Catherine said...

Hope you feel better soon. I am in bed with flu , there is nothing we can do except wait!Hugs Catherine

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow back pain is just not good at all.I pray that you feel better real soon.I am new to your blog. I really like it!

Lee Ann said...

Oh Leslie!! I am so sorry to hear you are in pain! I hope you are on the mend very soon xxx