Tuesday, February 1, 2011

1st day of February

Happy first day of February!

For February I am going to do something called
14 days of love
... All Valentine inspired posts and projects.



For this first day of Love
I was inspired by a challenge proposed by my friend Melinda at  Country Dreaming.
She challenged her blog friends to  help her create Valentine cards for a Kansas City children's hospital.
Go check it out, There are still a few days left if you'd like to participate..  

Since school was closed today due to the ice storm
it was the perfect day to haul out the craft supplies



Put on my funky jewelry


make a  mug of yummy vanilla coffee with whipped cream on top.

summon my favorite helper


and create some happy little greetings for children who may be in need of a smile.





 

Together we made 12 very unique and special cards.
It was a very meaningful project that Selfie really got into.
I enjoyed watching her make puzzles and word searches
and send her love to kids that she doesn't know.
Happy 14 days of Love

xoxo




F.Y.I
Because of the icy conditions
I had to postpone Miss Teens driving test.


Have a great Wednesday



 

14 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I love the Valentines you are making! I look forward to all your creativity! :D

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

What a great cause and looks like you both had a fun day! I'm sure the kids will love all the cards, of course I got a kick out of the last one:@)

Heather said...

What a fun activity for a snowy day. The coffee looks oh so delicious too! I am looking forward to your 14 days of love!

Wendy said...

I ♥ all your heart goodies!

Lee Ann said...

aw such a sweet idea. Looking forward to the rest of your love posts. Xx

Sarah B said...

How sweet! I look forward to your nxt projects :)

Julie said...

How fun and for a very good cause!

June said...

It's good crafting weather, no doubt about it!

I love the valentine cards, great idea.

Formerly known as Frau said...

So cool the cards turned out so nice and such a special gift to give. Stay warm and drive safe...we are having our ice storm finally....baking cookies!

Melanie said...

What a great project! :)

Pumpkin said...

How wonderful! What a great idea Leslie :o)

Karen said...

Great idea, 14 days of love. I look forward to see what you come up with! I like making homemade valentines, too. We baked some cookies today.

Country Dreaming said...

Hi ladies--
Your Valentine's look WONDERFUL!
I really appreciate the time and effort you took to do this.
I know the kids will love these.
Thanks again to both of you for your help!!!

Melinda

Alwayzbakin said...

What a nice idea! You're so thoughtful. :)