Sunday, January 30, 2011

Queen of the bed

Hiya Friends!
Happy Sunday.

It has been a great few days here
Due to the snow it has been a 5 day weekend.
Love it!!!

Everything is still white outside
and the house is warm and clean



As i prepare for the 17 day diet,
there is nothing fancy baking in the spoonful  kitchen.
Tonight is Pita bread Pizza and salad for dinner.

I've been doing great.. 
eating good
feeling good
and mostly
sleeping good



The dogs watch as I make the bed.


Sharky is bored with it!


he loves to hop on just as I've finished.


The king of the bed


All is calm until his older sister jumps up


and it is time to fight
on mom's freshly made bed




and the King has been Dethroned!


Your Majesty Darla
Queen of the bed!



Now.. It is time to make the sofa!
Before bed each night
we have to flip and mess up the cushions so that the dogs don't make a bed of it.




I think that we are getting another snow on late Tuesday into Wednesday.

I am just hoping that it comes later on Tuesday
since Tuesday is a big day in our house.
Miss Teen Spoonful is taking her driving test!!!


Dear God,  please let her pass it!!!
(She is driving me insane.)
and
Please please please
keep her safe!!!

Have a great week everyone!!!!!


16 comments:

Julie Harward said...

King of the bed huh...that is so funny! I wouldn't dare let Cougar on my bed, he is SO BIG! ;D

It's me said...

Hhahahahhahha!! it is the same here our dogs always lie on the bed !! the two of them !! hope your daughter doing well with her driver lessons !!...happy day darling....love Ria....xxx...

Heather said...

Poor Sharky...he looked so comfy on the freshly made bed.

I love the way you hung your letters for "dream"...your bedroom looks so cozy.

Country Dreaming said...

Darla and Sharky are soo funny.
We have more snow coming too.
Good luck to Miss on her driving test.
Stop by--I have a post up now that is right up your alley. Then come back later, I have a challenge
for my blog buddies!!!

Melinda

Katharine said...

We have snow coming on Tuesday and Wednesday as well1 (We are hoping for a snow day!)Em just passed her driving test at the beginning of the month! Sitting in the test center while they are out taking the test is my least favorite place to be! I lose years off my life!

La said...

I always find it funny when large dogs give in to smaller dogs.

Good luck to your daughter as she takes her test on Tuesday! La

Melanie said...

Too funny!!!!

Pumpkin said...

ROFL! Cute pictures :o)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun post and best of luck to DD on her driving test-I remember those days well:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

Dog rivalry!! One always wins out and it is usually the better dog that loses!

I am glad that you are enjoying your snow days...I think we are due for more, too.

Good luck to your daughter and I hope she stays safe.

XO,
Jane

mimbles said...

LOL, great photo story! Darla is such a classic :-) Small and feisty wins out over size every time!

Sending good luck vibes for the driving test - all extremities crossed.

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Oh my gosh! What a cute post and what cute dogs! I had a golden mix and my hubby had a boston terrier when we were kids. Good luck to your daughter on her driving test!!
Patricia :o)

Susan said...

The snow has arrived at our house and the cold is here to stay for a couple of days.
Love the bed post...{:o)
Our dogs love to sleep in the bed when I am watching t.v. at night. Chip and Gretchen go under the covers and Suzy stays on top.
Stay warm and dry,
susan

Alwayzbakin said...

Snow day. You lucky! Good luck on your diet. Wish I had the motivation.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Your doggie posts are so funny! How did Miss Teen do with her driving test? Our young miss will be taking that test in a year or two as well...another thing to give Mom gray hair!

Shug said...

Cute as can be. Love the pictures and the doggies. We thought we were going to get snow but all we got here in east texas was cold. What kind of 17 day diet. Good Luck with it.
Stay warm
Shug