Thursday, January 27, 2011

finally ~ a good snow

Yes.. that is what I said.
Finally,
A good snow!

Yesterday I woke to snow
and closed schools.

Since we Baltimorons drive terrible in inclement weather..
we do.. admit it!
I debated for about an hour until finally deciding to try to drive to work.


After a long white knuckled ride..
There it was...
a  winter wonderland.
I came, I saw, I kicked Shopped.


I do love where I work!

The snow stared up again at about dinner time
and lasted till somewhere past midnight.

We were all home
safe and warm
with nothing to do but play!





Papa Spoonful got his toys out.



Papa and Selfie on the blue bike
and our neighbor Seven on the other.


The one thing that I hate about snow..
 wet clothes, boots, socks and coats
everywhere!


But just look how beautiful everything in the day light.









Do you know that for a person my weight
(somewhere over 150ish)
1 hour of snow shoveling burns 323 calories
Pretty SWeEeEeT !!








Now.. I am chilling with a great whipped cream and cinnamon topped coffee
resting my sore back
and getting ready to make a turkey and rice casserole.

Tonight we're gonna shine up the sleds and hit the hills.

Have a great night everyone.


13 comments:

Katharine said...

Wow, you guys got a lot! I have been wishing and hoping for a snow day! Enjoy your sledding!

Leontien said...

Have fun sledding, and thanks for the great post/pics!

Heather said...

We never have snow here, so I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful snowy photos! Thanks for sharing!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your snow pictures are so pretty, Leslie! And it looks like everyone was having a ball in it! I heard you really got a lot today...hope you aren't snowed in. Enjoy your fun evening!

XO,
Jane

Country Dreaming said...

Yea--for snow looks like everyone has a great time.
Have fun sledding!!1

Melinda

It's me said...

Look at that !!! lots of snow !!! wowwww!! great !!! .....happy day enjoy it !! nice that dogs in the snow......love Ria...xxx...

Pumpkin said...

Yup, you got some snow ;o) LOL!

I realize you said that shoveling snow burns that many calories but you can't turn around and consume just as many. I don't think it works that way ;o) JK!

Have fun!

Julie said...

I know we out here in Utah where we have that much snow all winter long think its funny that the schools close down just for snow. But I do hate and I mean hate driving in it. But it does make for a fun day!

Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

Baltomorons...too funny.

I'm originally from massachusetts and we are called Massholes.

Ahh...gotta love those terms of endearment.

Sandy said...

Morning Leslie, just a short note to let you know that I LOVE MY VALENTINE!.. It is so cute. It is hanging above my desk/sewing table.

Ana said...

Hi Leslie,
You work at Michael's? What a lucky girl you are :-) Love that place. I'm like a kid in a toy store there. Anyway, love your snow pictures. I've seen it snow only once in my whole life and it was absolutely beauitful. Stay safe and warm and have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
♥Ana

It's Just Dottie said...

I live on the Texas Gulf Coast and I so want snow any kind !!!!
Dottie

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Brrrrrr, but lovely nonetheless. Why hey, what do I know? I live in California and WISH for snow.

Love the doggie sweater too,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island