Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dollar tree doilie garland and a stolen heart


I told you that I've been working on a few Valentines projects.
 I purchased a few items at the Dollar Tree to help me along. 
The first project was made with:
 Dollar Tree heart doilies  ~ $1.00
Ribbon from Michael's ~ .50        




I cut the ribbon into a pile of  4 inch pieces.

Laced the ribbon through a opening on two paper hearts and tied them together.





.. and continued until and had a beautiful garland made of hearts.

 

This room is  busy with the tree branches, snowflakes and now
the hearts..
but it is such a fun room to play in.

See the iron...
that's right
I iron!!!
sometimes.


Who is that pretty princess in the pink nightgown?


The guard dog!


I do confess that I do enjoy this little doggie torture.
They are just so darned cute.

I have said many times that Sharky has stolen our hearts!


Turn away
quickly
before he steals yours too!!!!

Today I am linked up with ..
go and check out some of the awesome projects!!!

20 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh I love your galand. It "swags" just right. Love your tablecloth, too.

Country Dreaming said...

Very cute AND easy. Looks great on your valance!

Melinda

Heather said...

Leslie, I am going to have to steal this garland idea. I love it because it is easy, and it looks oh so cute!

Julie Harward said...

I think I am not very crafty...I see those cute things and want to do something with them but don't. This is very cute. Now stop torturing the dog! ;D

Lilly said...

Nice garland, I wish I was crafty and thought of things like that.

Catherine said...

Leslie, the garland is a GOOD idea! very nice!your dogs are so cute, especialy the little one.My children gave us a wii for xmas, so this week end it will be wii fit!
I love your decoration and the quilts on your couch.
Hugs Catherine

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute garland, poor puppies:@)

It's me said...

Leslie....i like your garland with hearts!!! and o my.....it is too late......Sharky has stolen my heart !!!! o no that cute dog !! i feel love love love ......xxxxxxxxx

MessyMissy said...

Love the garland!! Your Boston looks a lot like mine. How old?? Thanks for visiting my site!!

Karen said...

Me, too, I like the garland idea. In fact I think I'll steal it and make one for my house. The princess dog is a riot!

Have a good weekend, Leslie.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

What a pretty garland...for some reason Valentine's Day always means papercraft and your is very cute! And thank you for visiting me a leaving such a nice comment...I haven't come up with any Valentine's Day posts yet I am still in recovery from Christmas.

Joy said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for linking up to Fantabulous Friday at Mommaskindacrafty!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love it! Looks so festive! and your pups.....too cute!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Mo 'Betta said...

What a simple craft, but it looks so cute! I bet my girls would enjoy doing this. Need to make a trip to Dollar Tree!

Madelief said...

Hi Leslie,

My daughter allowed me to use her laptop once more so that I could leave you a message :-)! Love your heart shaped bunting. It looks really good! Your dog made me LOL!

Happy weekend & lieve groet,

Madelief

Pumpkin said...

Another great idea!!!!

The dogs are so cute :o)

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

I adore this project! It look so wonderful hanging in those windows! Angie xo

Rosie said...

I happened to find your blog from facebook from Dollar Tree. Very cute idea! My youngest was born on Valentine's Day but he and his brother who was also born in February, don't want hearts hanging everywhere at their birthday party! So I'll be forgoing Valentine's Day decorations!

Becky said...

I want to do a valance like that ... and I can. It would look great in my living room along my sliding glass doors.

By the way ... your guard dog is SO VICIOUS in her frilly little pink nightgown ;)

Jemm said...

Ha! I should have scrolled down sooner. I love this garland too. My girls will love helping with this :) Cute pups!