Monday, December 27, 2010

post christmas post

Happy post Christmas week!!

When I look around the house I can see that Christmas has come and gone.  There are few presents left under the tree,  half empty cake plates and cookie tins on the table and left overs from Christmas dinner still left in the fridge.
Christmas came and went in a blur ~ literally ~ since I started with a fever on Christmas eve.    My family were a huge help in making Christmas day a success.   We enjoyed the morning opening presents, ate a great breakfast,  napped, and then enjoyed a great dinner with friends and family.  I made it through dinner and then my body just gave up fighting..   the fever spiked and everything began to hurt. 
I spent the rest of Christmas night and the day after on the sofa wrapped up in my favorite Christmas gift ~ a warm fleece blanket from my girls.


This morning,  the fever is gone, my head is a little clearer, and my throat is a little less sore.      If I can get myself motivated I would like to get out and pick up some groceries so that I can give my christmas wishlist cookbook a try.


 

I'll let y'all know what recipes I try and how we like them.

I am half way through my blog roll and it looks like everyone had a beautiful christmas.   I have enjoyed all of your stories, photos and recipes.    I will catch up with the rest of you  today!!!!

Have a great post christmas week friends.




13 comments:

Country Dreaming said...

Sorry to hear about your illness
on Christmas--no fun. Glad you are feeling better.
Try to have a restful week.
Did you get any snow---Ha! Ha!Ha!

Be safe.

Melinda

Karen said...

I'm always up for new recipes, especially when they're simple and quick. Looking forward to seeing what you find in that new cookbook. Love the holiday look of your blog, BTW, not sure if I've mentioned it!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Enjoy this last week of 2010, dear Leslie! xxxx

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

Hope you are feeling better for the new year. Right now, my arms are killing me from shoveling snow for 3 hours.

Sarah B said...

What a bummer you weren't well. AT least the family came to the rescue and now you are feeling better. Look forward to seing your new recipes x

Deb said...

I'm sure that blanket is making you feel better.

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

leslie...so sorry to hear you were sick on christmas...no fun is right...hopefully you can enjoy new years....love the cookbook...looks great...

happy to see you at Farmhouse and happy to stop by for a visit...

get well, stay warm and happy new year, my friend

kary and teddy
xxx

Blondie's Journal said...

Sorry to hear you are sick, Leslie. Try to get more R & R and just dream about the recipes for now!

XO,
Jane

Melanie said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!!!!!!!

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear that you were not feeling well on Christmas. How sweet it was that your family helped! Get lots of rest. I am looking forward to hearing about the new recipes.

All That Glitters said...

hey girl!!! I hope you had a wonderful christmas too!!!

love ya!
jennifer

Julie Harward said...

I'm sorry that you were sick on Christmas day, I hate that too. I noticed in the post below, your birthday is the same as my little sisters. Can't wait to see what you will make from that new cookbook! :D

Pumpkin said...

Glad to hear you had a nice holiday Leslie! As you can see, I'm just catching up now :oS

LOVE your blanket!!!! Can I have it? ;o) LOL!