Sunday, December 5, 2010

NYC photo overload


We had a great day in NYC on Friday.
The sun was shining and the air was cooooold.

We did some shopping,
lots of site seeing
and most of all
we walked.

First though
we wanted to go someplace that we've never visited..
so we taxied downtown, along the Hudson river,
 to the the South Street Seaport.
From the Seaport we walked north to midtown
(our walk shown in green on the map)


The first thing on the agenda..
Mitch had to feed some pigeons.


Selfie is all bundled up
and yes, that is her sister taking pictures of more... birds!!


The decks and balconies of the seaport shops offered a great view of the Brooklyn bridge.


Can you see those little  specks on the top of the bridge wires?


They are people!!!



The seaport had many great shops
but our favorite was one called
Stone Flower.





After a great lunch and a little shopping
we headed out to see the Titanic Memorial Lighthouse.

"Mom's texting again"..
actually I was texting papa spoonful our current location and travel plans.
( better safe then sorry!)




As we walked north on  Fulton street
I was struck by awe and a sense of sadness as we approached Ground Zero.


The resting place of over 2000 souls.


There was a lot of construction activity going on.


To warm up we stopped in this charming little bakery
where we enjoyed yummy macaroons and hot coffee.

The treats were ALMOST to beautiful to eat.




We traveled past the Flat Iron building

..we shopped at union square
and followed a man carrying balloons



until we got closer and closer to the Empire State building


And Rockefeller center


To see the famous Christmas tree



We enjoyed the traditional overpriced dinner at Friday's restaurant in Times Square,
shopped along the square
and Macy's on 34th street


and then..
 it was back to the bus where we rested our sore legs and feet on the three hour ride home.


Although the crowds were huge and didn't allow us to do some of the things that we normally do
We had a great time trying out new things.
..and as usual
I enjoyed spending the day making cherished memories with my girls.





15 comments:

Kacie Leah said...

Great pictures!!
I'm pretty sure that one boutique would be my favorite store there too! I'm already seeing all kinds of pretties that want to live inside my closet ;)

So glad ya'll had a wonderful time and thanks for sharing with those of us who dreeeaaammm of visiting such awesome places!! =)

Julie Harward said...

Sounds wonderful but I can understand that your feet must have been killing you, thats a lot of walking! When we were there for Christmas, I was surprised at how small Rockefeller sq, was! ;D

Sarah B said...

It all looks so fantastic!! Those cakes look delish too!
One day I hope to get to NY :)

It's me said...

O my ......o my....fantastic !!!!!.......i hope one day i will go to NEW YORK......once...dream on babe !! love love love Ria...

Alwayzbakin said...

Looks like you had a great time! I love New York.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Sounds like you had a great day and saw many interesting sites:@)

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wow you did a lot in one day!My feet are sore just thinking about it! What a great day and memories. Awesome pictures!

Deb said...

I ate at the same Friday's back in April. As for the rest of your visit, I'm so jealous I cannot talk to you anymore!

Melanie said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Jane @ Going Jane said...

What fun, Leslie! :)

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

I have had many a ahem, drunken time after work down at the South Street Seaport. Glad you enjoyed NYC!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

My nephew died in Tower One....it was a terrible time for our family...my husband is from New York...I love the city and have to admit I am a bit jealous of your wonderful visit. We have many great memories and relative there! It looks like you all really enjoyed yourselves :)

Country Dreaming said...

Looks like fun--but all that walking....yikes!
Seeing the sites at Christmas looks
amaxing.

Melinda

Pumpkin said...

I'm SOOOOOO jealous!!!! Those pictures bring back such good memories and I long to visit The Big Apple again :o( Sigh!

Glad you had a wonderful time though and thanks for sharing the great photos :o)

Lilly said...

t looks lie you had a great time. This post really made me want to go to New York, I hope I get the opportunity one day :)